Some Files Not Playing On TV After Latest Release

bertbert72

we are returning a mime type of x-matroska and they are using x-mkv

can you - grab the server dev build, and delete any overridden dlna profiles if you've made any. the latest samsung profiles do specify x-mkv so i want to make sure that's working. so step 1 is to get your mime type right and then we can go from there.

ColtB45

are you able to use the dlna server to browse to the file and play on the samsung? if so, can you do a wireshark of that? thanks,.

Here you are

Edited by ColtB45

Here you are

thanks, but get on the latest first (see above). also, that's not the same video as the other examples, so for now it's probably going to be easier to keep the tests the same everytime.

ColtB45

thanks, but get on the latest first (see above). also, that's not the same video as the other examples, so for now it's probably going to be easier to keep the tests the same everytime.

The first example used a different video (Tarzan). Sorry about that. All subsequent tests have been another video (Barefeet).

Edited by ColtB45

The first example used a different video (Tarzan). Sorry about that. All subsequent tests have been another video (Barefeet).

can i see the server log for this as well?

ColtB45

Try the new dev build going up now, thanks.

Still a no go.

Edited by ColtB45

Still a no go.

well since you're capable of debugging can you check something for me?

Ok - just verified from someone else that mkv is now working on the dev build...both direct play of an mkv as well as transcode to ts.

ColtB45

Ok - just verified from someone else that mkv is now working on the dev build...both direct play of an mkv as well as transcode to ts.

I too can verify 3.0.5251.29293 works with direct play (no transcoding) on my Samsung TV.

ColtB45

Ok, I have another one. This AVI is transcoding when it should direct play. I have messed with the profiles and I cant get it to direct play.

Serviio direct plays fine. MB transocodes.

The attached MB cap was done with the original unmodified system profile.

Media Info:

Video
CodecMPEG4
ProfileAdvanced Simple Profile
Level5
Resolution608x336
Aspect Ratio38:21
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.976
Bitrate1069 kbps
Bit Depth8 bit
Pixel Formatyuv420p
Audio
CodecMP3
Layoutstereo
Bitrate199 kbps
Sample Rate48000 khz
DefaultNo
Subtitle
CodecSRT
DefaultNo
ForcedNo
ExternalYes

AVI direct play with Serviio (HTTP).pcapng.gz

AVI Transcoding with MediaBrowser.pcapng (HTTP).pcapng.gz

Logs.zip

Edited by ColtB45

bertbert72

MKVs are now working properly for me.  As far as AVIs go, I've got some that are transcoding on the dev build (3.0.5251.31263).  However when I try to debug using the latest from Git, they seem to work ok.  Possibly fixed?

So not much help, but for me at least everything seems to work fine on the latest codeset.

• Like 1

MKVs are now working properly for me.  As far as AVIs go, I've got some that are transcoding on the dev build (3.0.5251.31263).  However when I try to debug using the latest from Git, they seem to work ok.  Possibly fixed?

So not much help, but for me at least everything seems to work fine on the latest codeset.

Awesome, glad to hear it. I don't think there's a change that would affect avi's transcoding or not, but I'll take that as good news. let me know if anything changes.

ColtB45

Alright, after building the latest git version I started testing and it was consistently working. It's direct-playing everything (user dlna profile). So I officially withdraw my issue. It just works.

I think part of the transcoding issue was that I was making changes to the system dlna profile. I recently noticed it's reverting any changes at server start.