Problem playing to xbone

parrotheadcubs

swhitmore

I think it's a separate install on the Xbox One. I remember having to install the Video App.

moviefan

I can play my ripped movies if I change the stream setting to 480P and 1 MBS.  That kind of defeats the purpose of ripping HD movies, no?  I have a wired connection to the Xbox.  You'd think I could stream at a higher quality.

DLNA play To is a better way to XBO right now IMO, especially if you have a wired connection.  I guess it depends on your devices in the house though.  My wife uses it daily for her workout videos and just uses her iPad as the remote to control what to play.  Better quality and no messing with the stupid controller mouse the XBO has is her feedback.  Have you tried out DLNA?  My apologies if you have, not trying to beat a dead horse.

parrotheadcubs

DLNA play To is a better way to XBO right now IMO, especially if you have a wired connection.  I guess it depends on your devices in the house though.  My wife uses it daily for her workout videos and just uses her iPad as the remote to control what to play.  Better quality and no messing with the stupid controller mouse the XBO has is her feedback.  Have you tried out DLNA?  My apologies if you have, not trying to beat a dead horse.

I've done Play To with the iPad running splashtop to access my PC, just not through Media Browser.  I tried using the iPhone app as the remote last night but it never played to the xbox.  I had the Xbox Video app open and nothing happened.

parrotheadcubs

Amazing! Web client through the iPad and bang right there on the xbox in glorious quality! Thanks for all the help!

• Like 2

Amazing! Web client through the iPad and bang right there on the xbox in glorious quality! Thanks for all the help!

Can you make a video of this?

moviefan

See if this works. Sound works great just not in the video. I had the Xbox video app open. Remote on with the web client and clicked play. It was instant. Didn't have to touch the settings.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9122CAC12748494!5547&authkey=!AIVYdaGHCj0EbXo&ithint=video%2c.mp4

Just FYI, I don't think I read and answered your question correctly before now that I read it again.  You don't technically need to have the Xbox app "up." or open  The Play To feature will actually start it.  Normally I just turn the xbox on and then start the Play To when xbox is on the initial home screen.  Video app will start and it will start playing then.  Doesn't hurt to have it running prior, but not a necessary step either.

Glad to hear it is working for you though!

Edited by moviefan

parrotheadcubs

Just FYI, I don't think I read and answered your question correctly before now that I read it again.  You don't technically need to have the Xbox app "up." or open  The Play To feature will actually start it.  Normally I just turn the xbox on and then start the Play To when xbox is on the initial home screen.  Video app will start and it will start playing then.  Doesn't hurt to have it running prior, but not a necessary step either.

Glad to hear it is working for you though!

Good to know.  I couldn't believe how quick it fired up and the quality was perfect.

moviefan

Hmm, can't figure out why mines not working...

It is because you installed the Video App :P .  I am almost positive now that I think about it that I didn't install any Apps on my xbox at all.

But seriously, so what exactly happens when you try to play the video?  Nothing at all?  What client are you using as a remote?  What file types? Codecs?  etc etc  Seems like many people in these forums have it working so there has got to be something different with your setup.

Deathsquirrel

FYI you can actually use IE on the xbox one 'play to' the xbox and launch the movie in the xbox one movie player without requiring an external app at all.  Sure, it works if you have an external app, but you don't need one.

And to save Luke from asking, http://youtu.be/zHXXAP98jak :)

• Like 2

moviefan

FYI you can actually use IE on the xbox one 'play to' the xbox and launch the movie in the xbox one movie player without requiring an external app at all.  Sure, it works if you have an external app, but you don't need one.

Way to think outside (or inside I guess) of the (x)Box!  I never would have thought of that method but it could come in quite handy for others.

Deathsquirrel

Yay! Can you give it a meaningful title that mentions both Media Browser and Xbox One?

Done.  Added tags too.  Not really a youtube user sorry :)

• Like 1

parrotheadcubs

This is absolutely brilliant!  I have no idea why the IE is such junk on the Xbox and won't launch easily when playing movies.  But this is such an easy workaround and the quality is spot on.  Great idea!

Yay! Can you give it a meaningful title that mentions both Media Browser and Xbox One?

swhitmore

It is because you installed the Video App :P .  I am almost positive now that I think about it that I didn't install any Apps on my xbox at all.

But seriously, so what exactly happens when you try to play the video?  Nothing at all?  What client are you using as a remote?  What file types? Codecs?  etc etc  Seems like many people in these forums have it working so there has got to be something different with your setup.

Yeah, I've been working with @@Luke to try and get it working. I either get a black screen after the video app loads, or the video buffers every few seconds. I've trying a few different file types. I might actually try reinstalling the video app, as it may actually be an issue with the xbox. Has your video app updated several times in the last week or so?

Edited by swhitmore

trooper11

I need to get back into testing this myself.  I'm sorry for not doing more testing for the MB team, but my schedule has been crazy for a while.  I'm glad to see others are trying different options out to make it better though.

When I get more time, I plan on trying to test more playback through IE.