Problem playing to xbone

parrotheadcubs

parrotheadcubs

Everything is setup perfectly.  I can access via web client outside of network, via iPad, via iPhone.  I can play everything everywhere.  I can play music, photos, home videos and tv shows via the web client on Xbox One.  The only thing that won't work are my movie rips on the Xbox One via the web.  The video starts and the screen goes away.

All my videos are .ts files and H264 codec with 23.976 framerate.  None of them will play.  Help???

You mean with Dlna Play To? We will need to see some logs. Do you mind changing your title to something a little less frantic? Don't want to scare other users away now :)

parrotheadcubs

How do I change the topic? Is this enough log?

ata\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20140304\ffmpeg.exe -fflags genpts -i file:"I:\Movies\Bridesmaids (2011)\Bridesmaids (2011).ts" -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -vcodec libx264 -force_key_frames expr:if(isnan(prev_forced_t),gte(t,.1),gte(t,prev_forced_t+5)) -vf "scale=min(iw\,1280):trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -preset ultrafast -crf 23 -maxrate 1372000 -bufsize 2744000 -r 23.97602 -vsync vfr -map_metadata -1 -threads 2 -acodec aac -strict experimental -ac 2 -ab 128000 -af "adelay=1,aresample=async=1,volume=2" -f mp4 -movflags frag_keyframe+empty_moov "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\e454a1ac-21ab-760e-a0c8-9b49851fff25.mp4"

2014-05-02 18:09:45.7542 Info - App: Killing ffmpeg process for C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\e454a1ac-21ab-760e-a0c8-9b49851fff25.mp4

ginjaninja

How do I get it as a file?

Copy logfile onto a cloud service and embed its url into post.

I use dropbox. With dropbox windows client, Any file placed in public folder, you can right click and choose 'copy public url'.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

parrotheadcubs

Issue still happening.  If I'm quick I can change the stream setting before the player closes.  But that hasn't made a difference.  None of the files will play.

jhoff80

That behavior you're describing is exactly what happens when the Xbox Video app needs an update.  I suspect if you manually go into the app, you'll be asked to update it.

parrotheadcubs

But I'm playing through Internet Explorer, not the video app.  Only my ripped movies are having playback issue.  Not videos pulled from the iPhone, not music, not The Wire.

jhoff80

If you're playing it in the Xbox web browser, that's not utilizing DLNA and might be similar to other IE issues I've seen on the PC.

If you're using the web browser's "Play To" / DLNA function, then when the Xbox gets a DLNA transmission, (which is what I assumed considering it's posted in the DLNA subforum), it automatically pops open the Video app and plays it through that.  If the Video app needs an update, it loads up the Video app, sees that there's an update, and then closes the app and goes back to the homescreen.

parrotheadcubs

Yeah I've done the Play To in the past.  Thought this would ultimately be a better set up.  My topic got moved here for some reason.

generally i think people have reported success when using the web client with xbox one. can you try more kinds of files besides the ts format you normally encode to?

parrotheadcubs

I'll have to check if I even have a movie that's not in that format!

parrotheadcubs

Nope.  Everything is in.ts or .m2ts format.  But I'm sitting at work and trying different ones and they all play at my desk via the web.

parrotheadcubs

Actually it appears as the IE is causing an issue.  I can play via Firefox but not IE.  Which still leaves me outta luck on the Xbox.

parrotheadcubs

I can play my ripped movies if I change the stream setting to 480P and 1 MBS.  That kind of defeats the purpose of ripping HD movies, no?  I have a wired connection to the Xbox.  You'd think I could stream at a higher quality.

moviefan

I've done Play To with the iPad running splashtop to access my PC, just not through Media Browser.  I tried using the iPhone app as the remote last night but it never played to the xbox.  I had the Xbox Video app open and nothing happened.

iPhone remote app functionality is currently broken.  If you use the browser based version it should work though.

• Like 1

parrotheadcubs

What type of streaming quality are you getting?  Like I said when I got it to play on the web client via the Xbox I had to drop to 480 and 1 mbs.  That just isn't happening!

moviefan

What type of streaming quality are you getting?  Like I said when I got it to play on the web client via the Xbox I had to drop to 480 and 1 mbs.  That just isn't happening!

I've gotten it to go up to 27Mbps+ with a wired connection.

Check out this post for some testing I did:  http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6325-is-there-anyway-to-force-it-to-stream-in-stereo-only/?p=88708

Unfortunately I have WiFi for my XBO at the moment and not the greatest connection due to a deadening outside wall in between, but I can still stream close to  15Mbps over Wifi on a good day.

• Like 1

parrotheadcubs

So to be clear, you're using the web client as a remote to the Xbox right?  You're not using the web client on the xbox?  I may need to look at some of my xbox settings as well.

moviefan

So to be clear, you're using the web client as a remote to the Xbox right?  You're not using the web client on the xbox?  I may need to look at some of my xbox settings as well.

That is correct.  I have not tried iPhone web client; but iPad, Mac OSX, and Windows 7 all have worked (using either Safari or Chrome browsers).  I would be surprised if iPhone web client was different.  

I havent changed any settings on the server to make this happen, and it worked straight off without any changes to the xbox audio settings, however I did some testing with the bitstreaming on in that post I referenced just to check if that worked as well.

Edited by moviefan

parrotheadcubs

That is correct.  I have not tried iPhone web client; but iPad, Mac OSX, and Windows 7 all have worked (using either Safari or Chrome browsers).  I would be surprised if iPhone web client was different.  

I havent changed any settings on the server to make this happen, and it worked straight off without any changes to the xbox audio settings, however I did some testing will the bitstreaming on in that post I referenced just to check if that worked as well.

And obviously you have the video app up on the Xbox, right?  That's where the web client plays to?

moviefan

And obviously you have the video app up on the Xbox, right?  That's where the web client plays to?

Yah but I don't remember installing it.  I thought it was just included with the xbox.  Unless I am just not remembering - which is also  possible.

And I did experience the issue one time where it would start to open the video app and fail - and I manually went into the video app and it needed an update as jhoff80 mentioned happens.

One thing I thought of that makes my setup slightly different than yours is almost all of my files are mkv containers instead of ts or m2ts.  But there is a setting for ts as well in the XBO profile so hopefully it should work.

• Like 1