Can't get trailers to play before a movie

ScottCase007

ScottCase007

Hello

I am new to emby but I think I have everything installed/configured correctly but can not get any trailers to play before a movie.

Emby Version 4.0.1.0

Installed on ubuntu 18.04

Premier Member

Tailers plugin installed and configured with following settings

00001262.png

Cinema Mode settings

2019-02-03_11-01-43.png

Playback settings

2019-02-03_11-03-35.png

I have tried with browser & 2 different roku boxes but cant get any trailers to play.

Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Scott

After adding the trailer plugin did you perform a library scan and let it finish?

ScottCase007

After adding the trailer plugin did you perform a library scan and let it finish?

Yup,  have done a few full library scans. Just did another one to be sure.

Have uninstalled & reinstalled plugins but nothing has changed,  can not get a trailer to play

Scott

Can you try checking the boxes about trailers from older movies as well as trailers from movies in your library? Please let me know if this has any impact. Thanks !

ScottCase007

Hello Luke,

Did not make any difference,  checked both those boxes & did a full library scan. tried playing a movie and no trailers at all

Scott

ScottCase007

Ok. so purchased the ytrailers plugin and let that do it's thing. refreshed the library and I can get local trailers to play that were added with the ytrailers plugin, but the trailers from the trailers plugin do not play

Ok. so purchased the ytrailers plugin and let that do it's thing. refreshed the library and I can get local trailers to play that were added with the ytrailers plugin, but the trailers from the trailers plugin do not play

I think the plugin just needs an update so it can populate itself again. Something changed in the sources it is polling data from making it unable to work properly. @@Luke is trailers plugin broken? It spins and spins for me on the web app. Roku does the same.

Hello Luke,

Did not make any difference,  checked both those boxes & did a full library scan. tried playing a movie and no trailers at all

Scott

Have you browsed into the trailer channel content at all? 

ScottCase007

Hello Luke,

Yes, If I go into the channel I can play content from the Archive section, Upcoming in theaters section, nothing is listed in the coming to bluray/dvd or coming to netflix sections

but none of it shows when I go to play a movie,  only local trailers shows.

Just noticed that in the Cinema Mode settings I have Include trailers from movies in my library unchecked, but that is not working as that is still the only trailers that play is local content

Scott

mcarrosquilla

Luke,

I'm running 4.0.1.0 on a QNAP and have the same issue.  I've posted in another thread, but this one seems to be the most active.  I have the trailers plug in installed and it populates that channel.  I can go into that channel and click on trailers and they play just fine.

Custom intro videos are randomly playing (as they should), but often it doesn't go on to the actual movie file.  Regardless, I have not been able to get Cinema mode to play a trailer.  I'm attaching my server log here for reference.  This log should also include the main movie not playing after the custom intro.

server.txt

Edited by mcarrosquilla