Emby doesn't pick up Tokyo Ghoul: re

Darkieth

Darkieth

Hi!

I'm having trouble adding Tokyo Ghoul:re to my library. It isn't being picked up at all (not even under the original Tokyo Ghoul show). Folder structure is TV/TOKYO GHOUL RE/SEASON 01. Other shows in the TV folder are being picked up with no trouble. I've tried adding the TOKYO GHOUL RE folder directly as an additional folder to the library with no success.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Darkieth

Yes, quite a few. In addition, I tried fresh server setup with no luck.

EDIT: I did a search on episode names and realized it has in fact picked up the show however it is listed under the original Tokyo Ghoul show (season 01) i.e I have two "episode 1" of Tokyo Ghoul despite having different names. Any method to separate them?

2c7740b2-4f70-474f-bb6b-ca64b56943c2.png

Edited by Darkieth

It looks like you named the two episodes in a way that matches our multi-version naming scheme.  You just need to rename them so that they don't.

I don't see exactly how you did it but I'm guessing it was something like "Tokyo Ghoul - re"  Change that to something other than " - ".

Darkieth

As you can see above the files are named like this: "Tokyo Ghoul re - 1x01 - START Those Who Hunt". What would be a functional naming scheme if I want to avoid the multi-version thing?

Edited by Darkieth

As you can see above the files are named like this: "Tokyo Ghoul re - 1x01 - START Those Who Hunt". What would be a functional naming scheme if I want to avoid the multi-version thing?

Replace the " - " with anything else.  Perhaps "Tokyo Ghoul re.1x01.START".

Darkieth

I tried "Tokyo Ghoul re.1x01" which did not work, I then tried "Tokyo Ghoul Re 1x01" which at first created a separate show, but after a minute it was merged back into Tokyo Ghoul. Naming them something completely different, like just "TGR 1x01" does separate them but then I have to manually identify it and no matter which ID (imdb, anidb, anilist etc) I use, Emby returns no results.

EDIT: So what I settled with in the end was simply adding them as a third season to the original show and renaming them after tvdb. Thank you for the help.

Edited by Darkieth

Happy2Play

Since both series contain the same TVDBID that explains the merge.  You will need to remove the TVDBid and lock the series metadata and refetch with a providerid that does not show them as the same series.

• Like 1