Implement no.of Oscar and Golden Globe Wins/Nominations for Movies and TV respectively

KumarjitDey

• 2 weeks later...
miniliQuid

Nice idea but in that case I have to agree with cayars that I would love to see best actor, support actor etc winners and nominees, but I couldnt care less about make-up and the likes (music is slightly in the middle, can still make or break a movie with music).

miniliQuid

You don't think make up and the likes can make or break a movie?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Kinda depends on which likes, but the make-up is a big no no for me, .

Same as the music, because I rarely think " wow this movie sucks but the music is so good it makes it all just fine".

However when the wrong music is used with certain scenes it's a deal breaker, and when used just right it can make a good movie just a tiny bit better for me :)

Therefor I said I agree with cayars, a setting where you can pick which awards are shown would come in handy in that case.

Then everyone is happy and can just pick which awards they want to be shown with movies and TV shows.

KumarjitDey

Nice idea but in that case I have to agree with cayars that I would love to see best actor, support actor etc winners and nominees, but I couldnt care less about make-up and the likes (music is slightly in the middle, can still make or break a movie with music).

I don't think that is possible to implement. omdb api can only show total no.of Oscar wins/ nominations. period.

Coxeroni

If you have a look at the academy awards from the last years, the awards for the catergories which are cited here as non-relevant are mostly given to movies which are among the nominees for best movie or at least nominated in some of the more relevant categories. That said mostly the movie which wins best music or best costumes is still a great movie and not some trash with great costumes and/or great music. This year it was Black Panther and Bohemian Rhapsody that won most of these categories, which were also nominated for best film.

So although I share the preference for best movie/actors/director etc., still the other oscars are given to great movies too and therefore the more generic information of number of oscars for me is still a valuable information and would be highly welcomed if this could be incorporated.

Edited by Coxeroni

I don't think that is possible to implement. omdb api can only show total no.of Oscar wins/ nominations. period.

Sure it can.  As I mentioned earlier we could supply a table/database with all this information in it.  Only needs updating once or twice a year (nominations, then winners).  Not that difficult especially after the initial database is created.

So my idea is NOT to use a 3rd party for this information so it can be very flexible.

• 4 years later...
6 hours ago, Beav said:

LOVE THIS IDEA! Has there been any progress on this?

Hi, not yet, but it's certainly possible for future updates. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Damien_

This is a fantastic idea. The little golden Oscar icon would be really cool but even just listing it as part of the metadata is awesome. great idea

Damien_
On 2/1/2019 at 10:53 AM, cayars said:

Here a question for you guys.

Do you mark a movie as winning an Oscar for any/every thing related to it?

For example Victoria & Abdul: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5816682/

Daniel Phillips, Lou Sheppard

MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING

So that's something to think about.  We may or may not want every single thing associated with a movie.

I think just sticking with the big ones (categories)

Best Actor in a Leading Role
Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Best Actress in a Leading Role
Best Actress in a Supporting Role

Best Picture
Best Documentary 

• Like 1