Implement no.of Oscar and Golden Globe Wins/Nominations for Movies and TV respectively

KumarjitDey

KumarjitDey

Please don't ask to create tags. Its hectic to do something manually. Plus, that beautiful text beside the tomato score will not appear.

KumarjitDey

Also, if you plan on implementing it, please add for option for filter search by Academy Awards/Golden Globes (both wins and nominations to be included upon selection) for Movies/TV respectively.

5c53d99d0b676_ddd.jpg

Edited by KumarjitDey

Great idea! Although first we have to find a source for this information. Not sure if MovieDb has this.

• Like 1

KumarjitDey

Not sure if you heard of this Kodi addon called "Skin Helper Service". It is capable of grabbing awards information from on-line via a listitem property called SkinHelper.Listitem.Awards. Although I am not 100% sure. I think it uses OMDb to grab the information.

• Like 2

ginjaninja

never used duration and i would make use of this suggestion if i could sort/filter on number of nominations or number of awards

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

KumarjitDey

never used duration and i would make use of this suggestion if i could sort/filter on number of nominations or number of awards

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

thanks for the like on OP (thanks for supporting). looking forward to more support on this

Edited by KumarjitDey

Coxeroni

True, OMDBapi includes the respective information as "awards": (line break and highlight by me)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root response="True">
<movie title="The Bourne Ultimatum" year="2007" rated="PG-13" released="03 Aug 2007" runtime="115 min" genre="Action, Mystery, Thriller" director="Paul Greengrass" writer="Tony Gilroy (screenplay), Scott Z. Burns (screenplay), George Nolfi (screenplay), Tony Gilroy (screen story), Robert Ludlum (novel)" actors="Matt Damon, Julia Stiles, David Strathairn, Scott Glenn" plot="Jason Bourne dodges a ruthless C.I.A. official and his Agents from a new assassination program while searching for the origins of his life as a trained killer." language="English, French, Arabic, Russian, Spanish" country="USA, Germany, France, Spain"
awards="Won 3 Oscars. Another 26 wins & 39 nominations."
poster="https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNGNiNmU2YTMtZmU4OS00MjM0LTlmYWUtMjVlYjAzYjE2N2RjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_SX300.jpg"metascore="85" imdbRating="8.0" imdbVotes="573,745" imdbID="tt0440963" type="movie"/>
</root>

Useful information in my opinion.

Edited by Coxeroni

Spaceboy

I like the suggestion of adding this data. I really dislike the idea of removing the end time. That’s crucial

• Like 4

KumarjitDey

True, OMDBapi includes the respective information as "awards": (line break and highlight by me)

Good. Could you please put a thumbs to the Original Post so that this thread gets attention, and can work on it. Thanks.

KumarjitDey

I like the suggestion of adding this data. I really dislike the idea of removing the end time. That’s crucial

Hi, I have edited the OP. Could you please put a thumbs to the Original Post so that this thread gets attention, and can work on it. Thanks.

Edited by KumarjitDey
  • Like 1

KumarjitDey

Also Golden Globes is shown...…… e.g for Breaking Bad:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><root response="True"><movie title="Breaking Bad" year="2008–2013" rated="TV-MA" released="20 Jan 2008" runtime="49 min" genre="Crime, Drama, Thriller" director="N/A" writer="Vince Gilligan" actors="Bryan Cranston, Anna Gunn, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris" plot="A high school chemistry teacher diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer turns to manufacturing and selling methamphetamine in order to secure his family's future." language="English, Spanish" country="USA" awards="Won 2 Golden Globes. Another 144 wins & 225 nominations." poster="https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjhiMzgxZTctNDc1Ni00OTIxLTlhMTYtZTA3ZWFkODRkNmE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_SX300.jpg"metascore="N/A" imdbRating="9.5" imdbVotes="1,145,669" imdbID="tt0903747" type="series"/></root>

Edited by KumarjitDey

Great idea! Although first we have to find a source for this information. Not sure if MovieDb has this.

Couldn't we just compile this information ourselves collectively and add it to a DB table making it fast and eliminating any outside API calls?

Once the info is compiled we'd only have to update it once a year for each award type which could be done via a typical Emby server update correct?

I've got most of this data current within a year or so (wouldn't be hard to update).  http://awardsdatabase.oscars.org/search/results or http://www.cinemasight.com/awards-history/academy-awards-nominees-and-winners/ would both be a good source for this.

http://www.ya-shin.com/awards/awards.html has a few different sources of awards in spreadsheet format but are a bit out of date and would need updating.

Academy Awards
BAFTA Film Awards
Berlinale
Cannes Film Festival
Césars
Emmy Awards
Golden Globes
MTV Movie Awards
Golden Raspberry Awards
Saturn Awards
Scream Awards

I'm sure us users could get the data updated if the Emby team could make use of this data!

Edited by cayars
  • Like 1

So every year my wife wants to watch as many nominated movies and movies with major players nominated too before the awards ceremony.

Every year I add a genre to handle this and have it show under Movies > Genre.

Having this automated would be fantastically awesome!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Here a question for you guys.

Do you mark a movie as winning an Oscar for any/every thing related to it?

For example Victoria & Abdul: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5816682/

Daniel Phillips, Lou Sheppard

MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING

So that's something to think about.  We may or may not want every single thing associated with a movie.

Edited by cayars
  • Like 2