Newbie need help playback quality

Newbie2010

Newbie2010

Big Newbie to emby and roku. I have a question. I have looked but couldnt find an answer on the forums. The few I did find the technial stuff I couldnt understand.

I have windows 10, the cheapest cox cable plan 10bps, night hawk router. I am sitting my movies on a WD external HD. I have emby on my desk top with about 5 movies on it. Works great on my laptop, android phone,and my smart tv in the living room with roku built in. Where i am having payback/quality issues is in my bedroom. It's an older tv but has hdmi ports,i have a dvd/bluray player that works great on it. I bought the cheapest roku stick and hooked it up to the tv,netflix plays fine with good quality. I installed the emby app and it loads but the movies are bad quality and image breaks up, if i lower the quality in settings it will play back without skipping but quality is unwatchable. I was going to go buy a new smart tv with roku built in and see if that helps but thought there might be a cheaper fix.

THANKS LOVE EMBY WILL BE PURCHASING THE LIFE TIME SUBSCRIPTION IF I CAN GET THIS RESOLVED.