Help file .strm GDrive Video

InMemoriam

gtmnyc

The problem is that they call the gdrive plugin and play thru that in kodi.. When trying to play in emby there is no plugin to call.. You can call the you tube plugin as you do with trailers inside the nfo folder so in theroy it's possible.. But not as yet

gtmnyc

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid= this your trailer inside the nfo files

plugin://plugin.googledrive/?action=play&item_id=1  this is inside the strm file

That's not supported in emby. They need to be valid video urls.

gtmnyc

if i send you a strm file do you want to see if it works

Mine has all that but Play perfectly fine in Emby. Not sure what is going on. I would say at this point is to Provide Luke with Log Files.

5ca5db9c0a6c2_Capture7.png

chivigoku

The files created by Kodi work fine in Emby, That's what I use......

5ca5c54b884c4_Capture.png

Just Point Emby library to this Directory Path in Library Settings and Emby Creates/Plays the Library.

BTW, This Works on Android too, Just use Kodi and export the .strm files to a external directory on the Shield/Fire Device.

5ca5c983169b3_Capture.png

5ca5c993013c3_Capture1.png

Hi @@EODCrafter

Thanks for your info.

I am trying to do the same but does not work :(

Basically what I did is (in Windows and Nvidia Shield), open Google Drive Addon (same as you).

Mi settings are like:

5ca72fba8cf04_Capture.png

5ca72fc564ae8_Capture2.png

5ca72fd646a51_Capture3.png

Then I create STRM`s from my drive path, check the same options and I save all to C:\ (in Android I save them in external storage > Movies)

When I go to the folder, I see all my STRM already created. For Movies, I have only a folder called "Movies" and everything there, for TV Shows, is a folder called "TV" and inside folders with every TV Show.

My STRM`s have this inside:

plugin://plugin.googledrive/?action=play&item_id=1b5OV-6blfAwSE-GOweuSYcmZ6N0nJK1i&item_driveid=04533847788536955881&driveid=04533847788536955881&content_type=video

Then if I go to Emby Server, set up the folder in my library, I am able to see all the metadata and movies there but as soon as I playback the movie, I got the error

5ca73213a004b_Capture.png

Are these steps the same you do?

If not, what do you exactly do? If I am able to create an Emby Server in my Nvidia Shield rolling my Google Drive, would be great.

I have read your post looking for this and know I see it is possible, but I do not what I am doing wrong...

THANKS in advance ;)

EODCrafter

Ok, still doesn´t work... :(

Yup...My Brain-Farting Bad...Sry Not sure how difficult it would be for Luke to allow Stream extraction Like Kodi to fix this....Hmmmmm.

JC why is Mapping the drive not working?

5ca7c91ba674a_Capture8.png

Edited by EODCrafter

gtmnyc

UK having another problem with strm files.. I have m3u8 inside a strm file.. It plays in 1080 on within kodi.. But in emby its blocky and pixelited.. Is there a setting in emby I need to change... Any help would be great

gtmnyc

That's not supported in emby. They need to be valid video urls.

i have put m3u8 url into a strm file like i mentioned above the quality of the stream is very bad.. i then put the same m3u8 into my m3u for live tv and the piv is pristine..  the same link both played in emby with wildly different video quality .. can you shed some light .. thanks

ddurdle

What.. Its a strm file quality issue

You are trying to use a plugin:// url that only works in KODI.  You should ask in the KODI forums for help.

gtmnyc

That's not it at all.. I have put a url into a. strm file.. The video plays but the quality suffers badly.. When I put the same url into my m3u list for live TV, the stream plays at the original HD quality.. On the same server, same client, same Internet.. The same stream suffers in a strm file and I just don't understand how or why this is happening.

• Like 1

EODCrafter

That's not it at all.. I have put a url into a. strm file.. The video plays but the quality suffers badly.. When I put the same url into my m3u list for live TV, the stream plays at the original HD quality.. On the same server, same client, same Internet.. The same stream suffers in a strm file and I just don't understand how or why this is happening.

What's The Stats for Nerds Reporting? Side by Side Screen Shot might reveal some information.

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Whatever happened to this? This is what I really need now that I learned.....

5cabb5e6f2a06_Capture.png

gtmnyc

So the issue is in the source?

the source plays fine in m3u list .. but same url is a strm file has quality issues

Ok, I'm able to reproduce this. Can you please attach the information I requested so that I can compare ffmpeg logs? Thanks.

drikosv8

Is there any way at the time that I delete Google file, also delete my automatic strm folder?

Python-GoogleDrive-VideoStream

gtmnyc

Ok, I'm able to reproduce this. Can you please attach the information I requested so that I can compare ffmpeg logs? Thanks.

In the ffmpeg log I noticed to m3u8 had various stream quality. In strm file it picks the lowest quality. And m3u picks the highest st.. I rewrote the script to pick the highest.. Strange anomaly..

• Like 1