Help file .strm GDrive Video

InMemoriam

InMemoriam

Does anyone know how to create a .strm file with google drive videos? The .strm files that the kodi gdrive plugin generates do not work outside the kodi. Have tried several ways I still can not, someone has an idea that can help me?

InMemoriam

I already use the plugin in kodi, I want to for example get the id of a GDrive web link or movie and create the .strm file

ddurdle

I already use the plugin in kodi, I want to for example get the id of a GDrive web link or movie and create the .strm file

Which Google Drive plugin for KODI?  The original from 2013 or the new one in the KODI repository?

The VideoStream plugin has an encrypt the URL option method to hide Google Drive file IDs. 

Edited by ddurdle
  • Like 1

InMemoriam

Which Google Drive plugin for KODI?  The original from 2013 or the new one in the KODI repository?

The VideoStream plugin has an encrypt the URL option method to hide Google Drive file IDs. 

Use the kodi repository.
scan to emby does not play.
When I create a .strm file for example with http://www.beta.com/video.mp4 the emby plays, so I'm trying to create .strm file with GDrive link, I'm going to test your VideoStream.

Grateful for the attention!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
chivigoku

I'm using OS Windows 10 Pro... How Install VideoStream?

Hi @@ddurdle,

I’m wondering the same as @@InMemoriam

How can I install VideoStream?

I got Windows 10 server and Android TV (Nvidia Shield) server.

Thanks

Edited by chivigoku

ddurdle

do all the files in gdrive need to be contained inside a strm for emby to play them?

Yes,all urls need to be in a .strm file

gtmnyc

Im trying to write a scraper to do this but the video urls seem to be exstreamly long.. With a lot of /nul/ have you any tips for me..? Thanks in advance and for your reply..

Edited by gtmnyc

gtmnyc

worked it out .. the problem is the movies are not in folders in the drive. Put them in folders and bang ...works great thanks for all the help.

gtmnyc

I'm new to gdrive but not strm file lol.. But none of the strm files from gdrive are playing.. I use mainly strm file in emby.. But these won't play in my set up.