Grouping Movies (Multi-Version)

dual-o

Hello Emby Team,

I found a bug in 4.0.1.0. When I group a movie with two quality versions all ist fine.

But when I join the movie to a collection it will be shown in the collection but outside the collection too.

I think one or two pictures will explain it better.

post-290635-0-42152900-1548600491_thumb.jpgpost-290635-0-80840300-1548600500_thumb.jpgpost-290635-0-41836400-1548600507_thumb.jpgpost-290635-0-48976900-1548600519_thumb.jpg

Show movies in collections view-setting is allowed

post-290635-0-15795400-1548600526_thumb.jpg

Deathsquirrel

This doesn't happen when you have two different editions.  I don't keep different quality copies so can't test that angle.

This doesn't happen when you have two different editions.  I don't keep different quality copies so can't test that angle.

Yes of course. It only happens with "grouped-movies"

Deathsquirrel

Yes of course. It only happens with "grouped-movies"

Different editions also group like different quality settings.  Seemed worth checking.

Happy2Play

Hello Emby Team,

I found a bug in 4.0.1.0. When I group a movie with two quality versions all ist fine.

But when I join the movie to a collection it will be shown in the collection but outside the collection too.

I think one or two pictures will explain it better.

attachicon.gif1.jpgattachicon.gif2.jpgattachicon.gif3.jpgattachicon.gif4.jpg

Show movies in collections view-setting is allowed

attachicon.gif5.jpg

Can you break this down for this example with exact folder structure and steps used.  So I can verify I am not doing something different.

@@Happy2Play can you reproduce?

If the steps I took are the same, then yes manually grouped versions appear in Collection and in list in both stable and beta.

Can you break this down for this example with exact folder structure and steps used.  So I can verify I am not doing something different.

No problem.

Folderstructure:

movies/Spider-Man/The Amazing Spider-Man/

The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2012.German.AC3.DL.1080p.BluRay.x265-FuN.mkv
The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2012.German.AC3.DL.1080p.BluRay.x265-FuN.nfo
The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2012.German.AC3.DL.2160p.UHD.BluRay.HDR.HEVC.Remux-NIMA4K.mkv
The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2012.German.AC3.DL.2160p.UHD.BluRay.HDR.HEVC.Remux-NIMA4K.nfo

movies/Spider-Man/The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rise of Electro/

The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2.Rise.of.Electro.2014.German.AC3.DL.1080p.BluRay.x265-FuN.mkv
The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2.Rise.of.Electro.2014.German.AC3.DL.1080p.BluRay.x265-FuN.nfo
The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2.Rise.of.Electro.2014.German.Dubbed.DTSHD.DL.2160p.UHD.BluRay.HDR.HEVC.Remux-NIMA4K.mkv
The.Amazing.Spider-Man.2.Rise.of.Electro.2014.German.Dubbed.DTSHD.DL.2160p.UHD.BluRay.HDR.HEVC.Remux-NIMA4K.nfo

Steps:
  1. scan for DB Update
  2. Shows me 2x "The Amazing Spider-Man" and 2x "The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rise of Electro"
  3. Mark each pair and set group movie
  4. Shows me 1x "The Amazing Spider-Man" and 1x "The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rise of Electro"
  5. Go to Server Settings -> Plugins -> Movie Collection Plugin -> Refresh

When I mark the two movies and go to "add to collection" I got the same Issue

So as you can see I grouped manually. Can I realize automatic movie grouping with my Setup/Nameconvention?

Thanks for your help

Edited by dual-o

You should rename your files properly to end this type of issue.  It's should be easier to rename them outside of Emby before adding them, then to group them in Emby after the fact!

@@Luke is it possible to implement " - " und ".-." ?

It's something we can continue to improve, yes. The challenge though is avoiding false positives.

It's something we can continue to improve, yes. The challenge though is avoiding false positives.

For TV Series it works fantastic with my name convention.

• 4 weeks later...
dual-o

Hello,

do you have any updates with the this issue?

when i grouped manual the movies won't be added to the collection.

This is annoying when i get through my collections.

do you have any advices to workaround without renaming movie-files?

My Idea is an button you can configure that the scrapper searches for the foler name and group automatically all files inside that folder.

movies
  MyMovieCollection
    > MyMovie.1 (2019)
      > my.movie.1080p.mkv
      > my.movie.DolbyVision.2160p.mp4
      > my.movie.1080p.extended.edition.mkv
    > MyMovie.2 (2019)
      > my.movie.2.next.1080p.mkv
      > my.movie.2.next.DolbyVision.2160p.mp4
      > my.movie.2.next.1080p.extended.edition.mkv
  JustAnotherMovie (2017)
    > myothermovie.1080p.mkv
    > myothermovie.480p.uncut.avi

thanks for all the work.

dual-o

my movies are organized like this

movies
  MyMovieCollection
    > MyMovie.1 (2019)
      > my.movie.1080p.mkv
      > my.movie.DolbyVision.2160p.mp4
      > my.movie.1080p.extended.edition.mkv
    > MyMovie.2 (2019)
      > my.movie.2.next.1080p.mkv
      > my.movie.2.next.DolbyVision.2160p.mp4
      > my.movie.2.next.1080p.extended.edition.mkv
  JustAnotherMovie (2017)
    > myothermovie.1080p.mkv
    > myothermovie.480p.uncut.avi

with this naming convention the movies won't be grouped by versions. So I do this manually over the menu (mark all multiple scanned movies and set "group version")

the issue is that this grouped movie isn't shown in collections. Not even when I set collection manually.

Since release 4.0.1.0 I have only "single version" movies collected in my collections.

10pjcy.jpg 2q7kiw.jpg 

here an other example

3igjfr.jpg 4p6km6.jpg 

Edited by dual-o

Deathsquirrel

with this naming convention the movies won't be grouped by versions. So I do this manually over the menu (mark all multiple scanned movies and set "group version")

the issue is that this grouped movie isn't shown in collections. Not even when I set collection manually.

Since release 4.0.1.0 I have only "single version" movies collected in my collections.

You are not following the published naming convention for multiple versions in a single folder.  I'm not having any trouble adding movies with multiple versions to collections on movies that do follow the published guidelines.

You can see the naming wiki at https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming.

dual-o

You are not following the published naming convention for multiple versions in a single folder.  I'm not having any trouble adding movies with multiple versions to collections on movies that do follow the published guidelines.

You can see the naming wiki at https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming.

I named the movies like the release-name to distinguish the diffrent versions. In TV-Series it worked great.

But in movies my painpoint is: Each version must begin with the folder name, followed by " - "

Would be nice to "group" movies in the same folder regardless of the filename

I named the movies like the release-name to distinguish the diffrent versions. In TV-Series it worked great.

But in movies my painpoint is: Each version must begin with the folder name, followed by " - "

Would be nice to "group" movies in the same folder regardless of the filename

How would the server know if it's multi-version, multi-part, or sequential/episodic?

That is why the naming conventions exist so that these kinds of determinations can be made, and that groupings aren't created when they shouldn't be. Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 months later...
swroger

Sorry for the necro-post.

So this only occurs when the items are grouped manually ?

I prefer to keep the original filenames, so I group versions manually (also helpful with things like Star Wars where there's the VHS, Bluray, 4K77, etc versions).  But if I used the naming conventions I wouldn't have this issue ?

I considered setting up some symlinks on the file server to the original files and putting .ignore files in their directories, but it seems overkill when I can manually group them.

Hi, if by "this" you mean what is described in the first post, then it has been resolved for the upcoming 4.2 server release.