EmbyServer.exe crashes when browsing - special characters related issue?

cembry

Ok, for those of you willing to try the beta server, 4.1.0.4 has a possible fix. Thanks.

I just installed beta server, 4.1.0.5.

Stellans name can be searched, his page is displayed... Seems that the problem is solved.

Thank you!

Right, so I updated all dependencies to the latest version, installed 4.1.0.8 and I am still getting the same issue - as far I can tell. Instead of iconv I see libiconv installed though.

Basically as soon as I open the browser and go to the Dashboard that includes "Latest movies", it crashes.

I tried to also change the systems regional settings (on my PC I am browsing from), to US. But that did not make a difference either.

Log-1.txt

Log-2.txt

Log-3.txt

Log-4.txt

Log-5.txt

Log-6.txt

Thomas64

Folks -

Just wanted to add that this is happening to me when trying to scroll through Music via Chrome - running a completely new install of 4.0.1.0 on a new install of Windows Pro 1809 as well.

I was going to hold off a bit longer on upgrading, but Schedules Direct has interestingly started to drop a lot of data out of the channel lineup (my subscription does not expire until July, I believe).

So yesterday, I dusted off a spare laptop and fired everything up to kick the tires..

I just discovered this issue today when trying to listen to music and found this post. Attached is the server log from the last crash.

It stops loading thumbnails of Albums half way through the second page and crashes. Didn't think to note which exact one appears to be the last to load.. I'd try now, but the new install is recording something for a few hours. (I'll do it later and update, if it helps.)

Just wanted to pass the info along, since this happens on a completely fresh install of everything (with a sample range of media I copied to an external drive).

I may flip a coin on installing the latest Beta, since this is a testing install anyway..

Thanks,

Thomas

Edited by Thomas64

It seems that the problem is related to the library item added via samba.

What you could try instead of adding the smb path to Emby, is mount the smb in your operating system as a local share. Then add the local path to Emby.

manatails

5c63039534f06_2019021302_33_06Emby.png

I am experiencing a similar issue here, Emby crashes when one of the casts has diacritics in their name.

Happening only after updating to 4.0 from 3.5.

Hi @@Luke, so I can confirm, that mounting the samba share seems to have solved the issue for me. So far not a single crash. THANK YOU!

Edited by KarolKo

Thomas64

Folks -

Just an update...

I upgraded to 4.0.2.0 - still crashing in the same spot when scrolling though Music Albums.

Turned Debug Logging on, tried again.

Turns out - Emby was choking on a corrupted file in one of the Artist Folders.

Couldn't do anything with Windows to get rid of the file (everything errored out). Didn't want to install any 3rd party apps..

Ended up running CHKDSK - and there were actually 3 corrupted files/links related to the same Artist folder, which CHKDSK got rid of.

There must have been some bad sectors or such on the external disk when I copied stuff off the machine running 3.5.3.

All good now!

Current error score:

Emby V4 = 0

Me = 2

LOL

Thanks,

Thomas

• Like 1

@@KarolKo so you can't get the /media folder added to the library? is that correct? The error you posted is related to the realtime monitor, which is different. Thanks.