EmbyServer.exe crashes when browsing - special characters related issue?

cembry

I am running EmbyServer on Windows 10 flawlessly till the update to v4. Since the update to v4 the EmbyServer,exe crashes just when browsing. Embytray.exe is running, Embyserver.exe is missing. I have to kill embytray.exe and start embyserver.exe again. My workaround is starting embyserver as service and keep it always up with the AlwaysUp application. I dont have to restart the server manually but the issue is still there.

I find out that the crash happens everytime the db works with the actor "Stellan Skarsgård" - no matter if I want to search him, click on his page in the library or load movie detail with his name in it. I dont know any other db records leading to crash yet. I think it could be related to specials characters (i.e. å character in this name)... 

Is there a way to correct this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Happy2Play

I wonder why this only affects some users? 

@@Luke Could this be a regional language bug?

As I don't see this issue on my Windows 10 v4.

5c4cefca23ca9_character.jpg

If the problem is not Stellans name then it should be just coincidence and there is some other error related to his record. My windows language is set to czech so there could be a lot of strange characters to foreigners but the å is not used in czech ;-)

purger500

There is definitely problem with scandinavian names. Every movie and every show with this names crashes server (server hangs and must be terminated and started again - restart does not work). 

This problem is not introduced with v4,x, it exist for a long time. My workaround is that I delete scandinavian actors from shows and movies and lock actors fields in that shows/movies.

My default input language in windows is croatian.

My OS is windows 7 pro 64bit.

Edited by purger500

purger500

I have just tested what happens when I search for Stellan Skarsgård... 

It happens that my server freezes as I expected. My server log is attached. This is very annoying.

embyserver.txt

That is still the big question, why this is happening to some users but not all. I am looking into it. Thanks.

I have just tested what happens when I search for Stellan Skarsgård... 

It happens that my server freezes as I expected. My server log is attached. This is very annoying.

Since you're using the coverart plugin, can you try removing that, then restarting the server, and see if it makes a difference? 

The plugins I use are following:

MovieDb (1.0.6.0)

OMDb (1.0.3.0)

Playback reporting (1.2.6.0)

Reports (1.0.25.0)

Backup & Restore (1.3.4.0)

Statistics (2.0.8.0)

The TVDB (1.0.1.0)

I am not sure if any of this plugins could cause troubles, I hope it does not...

As I wrote at the start of this thread - I am running EmbyServer at Windows 10 (x64)... and the issue is there :-(

I am running Emby 4.0.1.0 on FreeNAS and my server is also crashing when I try to browse my Library, via web or via Android app.

Can't see any errors in EmbyServer logs. I open the Web interface, go to my Media, nothing happens, then F5 and Emby is no longer reachable...

Not sure if it means anything, but when Emby is starting up, its showing a message, and the code-page does not seem right.

Emby Server sa spúšťa. Skúste to prosím o chvíľu znova.

Edited by KarolKo

I am running Emby 4.0.1.0 on FreeNAS and my server is also crashing when I try to browse my Library, via web or via Android app.

Can't see any errors in EmbyServer logs. I open the Web interface, go to my Media, nothing happens, then F5 and Emby is no longer reachable...

Not sure if it means anything, but when Emby is starting up, its showing a message, and the code-page does not seem right.

@@KarolKo please attach the emby server log, thanks.

There is my emby server log...

attachicon.gifembyserver.txt

Can you please try uninstalling these plugins:

2019-01-28 21:21:23.739 Info App: Loading playback_reporting, Version=1.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\Kelly Taylor\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\playback_reporting.dll
2019-01-28 21:21:23.739 Info App: Loading statistics, Version=2.0.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\Kelly Taylor\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\Statistics.dll

Then restart the server and see if there is still an issue. Thanks.

I just uninstall the two plugins, restarted embyserver... Searching for Stellan or trying to show his page via link from a movie leads to server crash - embyserver.exe dissappears.