Live TV

bull77ock

bull77ock

I am comparing Channels DVR for OTA live TV to Emby. I have already removed Plex from the equation, since I had buffering issues that they seem to not be able to fix.

Emby does to buffer but it takes 10-20 seconds to load. Channels DVR is 1-2 seconds. Is there something I can adjust to fix that? If I can get Emby to around what Channels DVR is. I would do everything in Emby. I will say Channels DVR is what great piece of software.

Running this on a Synology 718+ NAS with 6 GB of RAM. The client is an Apple TV 4K.

Thx

bull77ock

The new version is much faster. The channels load much faster, almost as fast as the Channels DVR app.

The integration of a streaming service would be nice to have. The one thing that is still a show stopper for me, is the guide portion. In the Channels DVR app, it looks like a cable or satellite guide, and you just cluck on the channel and it loads. In Emby, you have the intermediate screen and have to hit on play too. Seems like a waste of time.

Thanks

The guide like in the iPhone app I like better. Still has the extra screen.

Thx

We will be adding a similar guide to the Apple TV app in an upcoming update. thanks.