TV eps not loaded/showing

Cinjero
Go to solution Solved by Cinjero,

I have the "LOST" series; 120 eps. but only about 40 are actually showing in Emby. In 3.x it seemed okay. Alot of the IMDB info is wrong, but previously I fixed those manually, but now seasons and eps are just not displayed. They are not visible in the metadata library either. I've removed and put back the series but have the same results. Emby should read any usable video file and add it even if metadata is invalid or missing from other sources.

Similar issue with STNG season 1---- 1 ep/but all eps show in metadata as ep 1 (manually fixable).

Please advise,

Thanks.

hi there, can you please show us what the folder structure looks like? thanks.

Sure,

D:\lib\PLEX\TV\Lost

01 Season 1_ Pilot, Pt. 1 (1080p HD).mp4

33 Season 2_ Collision (1080p HD).mp4

etc.

I can go change the season/ep format... these are just how they came out of iTunes.

Thanks.

Happy2Play

Sure,

D:\lib\PLEX\TV\Lost

01 Season 1_ Pilot, Pt. 1 (1080p HD).mp4

33 Season 2_ Collision (1080p HD).mp4

etc.

I can go change the season/ep format... these are just how they came out of iTunes.

Thanks.

I don't understand this.  What is that name suppose to represent?

I don't understand this.  What is that name suppose to represent?

Directory ==> D:\lib\PLEX\TV\Lost

Episode file name ==> 01 Season 1_ Pilot, Pt. 1 (1080p HD).mp4

Happy2Play

I have no idea how 3.x could have identified that naming scheme.  Unless maybe embedded title vs filename.

Even if it doesn't handle the naming scheme to determine season & episode numbers, the files should still show up. So that's what we want to get to the bottom of.

How did you set this up in Emby library setup?

Like any other library. New Library > TV > pointed to the directory. It showed them all in v3.5

Happy2Play

I added a folder called Lost with those two episode in it to a TV Shows library and the Series-Season-Episodes appeared but mis-identified as Season 6 episodes 1 and 2.

Edited by Happy2Play

Well,

According to the documentation, you can format files as such:

Episode naming conventions

A number of naming conventions are supported:

*show name - S01E01 - Episode Name.ext *show name S01E01 Episode Name.ext

• anything_s01e02.ext
  • anything_s1e2.ext

However, that doesn't seem to work all time either unless its just taking IMDB info that's wrong.

D:\lib\PLEX\TV\Lost\LA X, Pt. 1_s06e32.mp4 ==> Should be Season 6, Ep. 32

Emby sees it as:

(Special) Season 0, Ep. 3

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Should anything actually be showname in the examples in the wiki?  I have never seen naming schemes like "LA X, Pt. 1_s06e32.mp4" or "01 Season 1_ Pilot, Pt. 1 (1080p HD).mp4".

Emby does not use IMDB as a provider, but it can use a IMDBID on other providers.

Yes it should be show name. Shows that have numbers in the title are going to be more difficult, as well as any numbers that appears before the season and episode numbers, such as the Pt. 1. Those are just difficult examples.

Happy2Play

But actually I tested this one, and it was parsed correctly.

LA X, Pt. 1_s06e32.mp4
@@Happy2Play can you confirm?

Yes this example appear to parse ok but unidentified.

5c4c2c0bb8d96_632.jpg

And for "01_ Pilot, Pt. 1 (1080p HD).mp4" it is identified as S06E01.

5c4c2d30b6cb6_601.jpg

• Solution

Hi,

I found some information was not registered correctly from itunes--- meaning the season/ep were wrong. Although was still an issue where no metadata was in the manger lib.

Anyway, I've separated each season into its own folder under "Lost" ==> "Lost\Season 1, Lost\Season 2" and then fixed the filenames to match tvdb; S01E01 etc. I removed the library and then pasted it back. Emby appears to have read them all correctly now... 120 eps are visible with metadata in the lib manager. :-)

I have one other library---- "Outer Limits 1963" that still has no metadata but series and eps seem okay. I may fix those so they are friendly to Emby. STNG has some similar issues, but not a big deal.

Additional info: I noticed with series if one file is not read correctly, it can effect eps after or the entire season. Being a Software Engineer myself, I'm not sure if your code is "batch processing" items or thread based---- where conflicts with shared data of files can be troublesome.

Overall, Emby, along with its other features, is far better at streaming than PLEX. :-)