Best Answer Cinjero , 27 January 2019 - 10:31 AM
I found some information was not registered correctly from itunes--- meaning the season/ep were wrong. Although was still an issue where no metadata was in the manger lib.
Anyway, I've separated each season into its own folder under "Lost" ==> "Lost\Season 1, Lost\Season 2" and then fixed the filenames to match tvdb; S01E01 etc. I removed the library and then pasted it back. Emby appears to have read them all correctly now... 120 eps are visible with metadata in the lib manager. :-)
I have one other library---- "Outer Limits 1963" that still has no metadata but series and eps seem okay. I may fix those so they are friendly to Emby. STNG has some similar issues, but not a big deal.
Additional info: I noticed with series if one file is not read correctly, it can effect eps after or the entire season. Being a Software Engineer myself, I'm not sure if your code is "batch processing" items or thread based---- where conflicts with shared data of files can be troublesome.
Overall, Emby, along with its other features, is far better at streaming than PLEX. :-)Go to the full post