I have folders but no content in them

Hi.  Before you do anything drastic, can you please confirm exactly what version of the server you have installed?

Is it the 4.0.1.0 version just released?

Yes I have 4.0.1.0.

I Have tried puting the shows into season 1 folders but this did not work. If I select content type TV Shows when creating a library I just does not work on Roku nor the Emby app on my windows computer. So I will just continue to use content type Movies. This works fine. I am tired of messing around with it.

Thanks all for the help. I do not know if it is Roku or Emby but this is the reason I left PLEX. They took away simple folder layouts and I like Emby better. It works for now.

Yes I have 4.0.1.0.

I Have tried puting the shows into season 1 folders but this did not work. If I select content type TV Shows when creating a library I just does not work on Roku nor the Emby app on my windows computer. So I will just continue to use content type Movies. This works fine. I am tired of messing around with it.

Thanks all for the help. I do not know if it is Roku or Emby but this is the reason I left PLEX. They took away simple folder layouts and I like Emby better. It works for now.

Simple folder layouts are coming back to Roku very soon. We had them and will have them again even better than before. We want you to be happy. Happy is contagious. :)

Edited by speechles

I put all of season 4 into a season 4 folder

before C:\Emby\Blacklist\The Blacklist - s04e10 The Forecaster

after   C:\Emby\Blacklist\Season 4\The Blacklist - s04e10 The Forecaster

The Blacklist - s04e11 The Harem

But this did not work

I put all of season 4 into a season 4 folder

before C:\Emby\Blacklist\The Blacklist - s04e10 The Forecaster

after   C:\Emby\Blacklist\Season 4\The Blacklist - s04e10 The Forecaster

The Blacklist - s04e11 The Harem

But this did not work

But which one of those locations did you add as the "Folder" in your TV setup?

In that scenario, it would have had to be: "C:\Emby" for it to work properly.

I would suggest adding another layer called "TV" and adding that to the library as in the examples here.

Ok that worked  emby/tv/blacklist/season 1

I guess I was just used to plex where I could just throw anything in a folder

thanks for all of the help

Well I thought it worked. I put  a tv show in like this.   c:/emby/tv/blacklist/season 1/The Blacklist - s04e10 The Forecaster

I could see the whole season and was satisfied problem solved. So then I went back and added a few more tv shows under the

C:/emby/tv folder.

I GIVE UP!

I loaded the show using the mixed media setting. I can put the shows into a simple folder and they show up perfectly. I am done using the stupid tv content type. Mixed media works like a dream.

Thanks everyone. Thats my story and I am sticking to it......

Happy2Play

To me there is not enough information here, but since the web client has the same issue and only sees items in folder view there is a library problem.  Is "c:/emby/tv/blacklist" even identified as a series?  Can you post a server log.  What exactly do you see in the web client (screenshots)?

I loaded the show using the mixed media setting. I can put the shows into a simple folder and they show up perfectly. I am done using the stupid tv content type. Mixed media works like a dream.

I don't see a issue in either type but it all comes back to how well you followed the wiki guidelines.

But with folder view coming to the Roku app it may eliminate your issues.

Edited by Happy2Play

But with folder view coming to the Roku app it may eliminate your issues.

This is in the latest version of the Emby Beta for Roku. No longer coming. Folder view is in the app.

Edited by speechles

The tv content is just to complicated for my taste. I will just stick to mixed media. It may have been a roku problem I do not know. But being able to just throw a seasons worth of shows in a simple folder is my choice of techniques. I will stick with it.

thanks all