I have folders but no content in them

I think this started since roku updated. All of my tv show folders are empty. I reinstalled both the emby server in windows 7 and the roku app. But the folders still show nothing. I am stumped?

yes. But I just noticed if I open a folder containing my shows which I can see all episodes.... up at the top there are selections such as shows, suggestions genres etc. I just selected episodes and all of the show appear in the folder. Now I will see if any thing change on the tv app. I started using emby a month ago and never had this problem before.

No. If I open a folder in the web app I do not see the shows unless I got to the top of the folder and select either episodes or folders. Now I can see the shows in the web app

Please provide a picture of what you mean. Quality of picture isn't important as much as it showing the issue clearly.

We are addressing the "Roku app doesn't support folder view anymore" issue very soon just a side-note while on the issue of folders. This may be your problem. It is missing and the current browsing method may not work for you in other tabs. There is a "folders" tab missing in the Roku app that we in the process of adding. There is also.. an "episodes" tab missing that the Roku will gain as well. Please bear with us on that part. This is coming soon. :)

It is hard to explain what some pictures illustrate so it is always best to use one with your explanation of what is wrong. Thanks.

Edited by speechles

As an experiment I just added a new media library that I had a few movies in. It showed up right away on the roku app. But I still cannot get any of my tv shows to show up. This is weird

I do not know what folder structure means. The directory is emby is in the root directory with sub folders I used before.

like C:emby/Arrow

Can I upload a photo on this forum?

Yes, or if you want upload to http://imgur.com/upload or similar and post a link to that picture here. Either way.

Ok I just figured out a problem. When I create add a media library. I have been selecting content type as TV Shows. But I just tried adding a media library as content type movie even though It is one of  the folders I previously could not get to show and there it is!!

Why  I have to select movie ratther than TV show is a mystery but I think there is a glitch in the software

If this affects all apps you might be better off trashing your library.db and letting it rebuild with a rescan. Something sounds wonky in it causing issues.

windows?

%appdata%\Emby-Server\data

Edited by speechles

ok I found it. Delete the Data folder?

Oh no.. don't go nuclear yet.. lol

Just the library.db you find inside. Keep the rest. You just want to rebuild the library, not literally start over from scratch.

Ok I just figured out a problem. When I create add a media library. I have been selecting content type as TV Shows. But I just tried adding a media library as content type movie even though It is one of  the folders I previously could not get to show and there it is!!

Why  I have to select movie ratther than TV show is a mystery but I think there is a glitch in the software

Why do you think this is a glitch? The option is right there on the library setup screen to pick the content type. What can we do better?

I Think so. C:\Emby\Blacklist\The Blacklist - s04e10 The Forecaster

The Blacklist - s04e10 The Forecaster

The Blacklist - s04e11 The Harem

I Think so. C:\Emby\Blacklist\The Blacklist - s04e10 The Forecaster

The Blacklist - s04e10 The Forecaster

The Blacklist - s04e11 The Harem

Technically you have no shows. Only episodes. Shows have Season XX folders in the path. It is correct.

To have episodes recognized with shows they need to go in the \Emby\ folder (aka lumped in) the root of your TV show path or you need to use Season XX folders in your shows.

Edited by speechles