Runtime Display

kmed27

Hi

On the Movie display page, is there any way to show the runtime of each movie?

There are tick options for Display "Title" and "Year" but I would really like to see the runtime (more than the year infact).

When we watch a movie, I have to go into each one to see how long it is to make sure there is enough time to finish watching it - but - doing this this takes up quite a bit of time! and requires a shorter movie :lol:

I have tried looking through the css forum but couldn't see anything related to it.

Thanks

Look at the red box in this web view.  It's similar on other platforms/clients.

5c47211a60540_duration.png

Sorry, I mean the main Movies screen that shows all the movies with the Title and/or Year (you can tick a setting for these).

To see if we can fit a movie in (time wise), I am currently having to go into each movie (as above) to see the runtime, I would like to see on the main screen possibly in place of the year or along side it.

I wondered as the information is available if there was a way to get it to display as per the mock up showing 2 movies?

post-378170-0-15426900-1548168043_thumb.png

Sorry, I mean the main Movies screen that shows all the movies with the Title and/or Year (you can tick a setting for these).

To see if we can fit a movie in (time wise), I am currently having to go into each movie (as above) to see the runtime, I would like to see on the main screen possibly in place of the year or along side it.

I wondered as the information is available if there was a way to get it to display as per the mock up showing 2 movies?

There is enough room to add it there in the web, but keep in mind this info is shown differently in other apps.

For example in Android TV that space you used for the duration is used to show the rating (ie PG-13) which I think is much more useful in a family setting.

Movies are typically going to be in the 1.5 to 3 hour range and typically 1.75 to 2.25 range so you have a gut feeling what a movie will be.  Ratings on the other hand are good in a family setting when you can use that to not enter a PG-17 or R rated movie where the story line description or backdrop is disturbing for the younger audience (assuming they are logged in as an adult user).

This of course could be an option to allow the user to choose what info to display or maybe better yet that info could be added as an option in the cover art program so you could see something like "HD - 2:38" vs just "HD" as it shows now.  But one way or another this should be consistent across all of the apps.