Kodi doesn't see TV Shows after 4.0.0.2 update

thekingswolf
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

thekingswolf

Kodi asks me to sign in to emby every time i open it now.  Movies play fine but TV Shows is empty now.  They are fine on the server, but Kodi doesn't see any tv shows now.

Edited by thekingswolf

altramarine

Exactly the same thing for me too.

Keeps asking for password every time I start Kodi, accepts it (registers on the Dashboard) but doesn't update the content.

Windows 7

Emby 4.0.0.2

Kodi 17.5, Titan skin

thekingswolf

my content updates but only movies.  TV Show libraries are both completely empty now.  

I have 4 libraries set to 4 separate folders.

Movies

TV Shows

Anime Movies

Anime Shows

Movies and Anime movie libraries both work and update.

Neither TV Shows or Anime Shows show anything in Kodi, but they work fine on the server.

Using the Emby addon, not EmbyCon

altramarine

Hmm, I will check if it actually updated the Movies library.

I went ahead and reset the Kodi database, waiting for that to finish.

Also to note, it seems that the password is cached and accepted when I launch Kodi but the dialog is still displayed.

thekingswolf

i already reset the database, it didn't work.  Even installed a fresh kodi on a different machine and it does the same thing

altramarine

Reset finished, seems like the same as you, TV shows is now gone, empty. The rest of the libraries are displayed fine.

thekingswolf

Update.  I added a few new shows for new episodes that just aired.  Those just showed up but no others.  it's like it's only showing episodes added after the update.  Still asking me for my password every time too, how did you get yours to save

Edited by thekingswolf

altramarine

I just removed the Shows library from the server and re-added, lets see what the outcome may be after scan completes.

Apparently the password creds are caching, because Kodi logs in fine to Emby addon, but the annoying dialog still keeps coming up (which i cancel for now)

Edited by altramarine

altramarine

Update:

re-adding the Shows library did the trick. It is still scanning but at least Kodi has acknowledged all the content and is now showing.

Also, the watched state is preserved so even better.

Now to figure out how to remove the persistent (Emby) login dialog box @@Luke

Edited by altramarine

altramarine

Well, one problem solved, another came up. Now I get a message "Library sync thread has exited! You should restart Kodi now. Please report this on the forum."

I use the Kodi companion server plugin, I assume now it is not happy?

Edited by altramarine

Angelblue05

Are you using the beta version of Emby for Kodi?

Why not post in the Kodi forum? I didn’t see this thread until now. :/

Edited by Angelblue05

altramarine

Thanks Angel,

I saw this post from 2016 and assumed it has to do with the server? The only thing that changed was me updating to the latest Emby server.

I'll post on Kodi forums though as well.

• Solution
Angelblue05

There are some breaking changes with server 4.0

Only the beta version of Emby for Kodi supports it. I’m hoping to release a new stable next week. Keep me posted on your progress. Thank you :)

• Like 2

altramarine

Sorry, i forgot to answer is that I am using a stable Emby, not beta.

Also, as per this post I may need to delete my my emby database library. Ill ask the Kodi community first before going that drastic route :)

Thanks a ton for your efforts.

Sorry, i forgot to answer is that I am using a stable Emby, not beta.

Also, as per this post I may need to delete my my emby database library. Ill ask the Kodi community first before going that drastic route :)

Thanks a ton for your efforts.

Please attach the server log and I'll tell you if that's necessary. Thanks.

There are some breaking changes with server 4.0

Only the beta version of Emby for Kodi supports it. I’m hoping to release a new stable next week. Keep me posted on your progress. Thank you :)

Only the beta supports Server 4.0.x ? I'll get a Emby.emby.core.ws_client -> ERROR: 404 in the console log. Known bug?

Angelblue05

Yes. I hope to be able to release it next week.

And no it’s not. But that doesn’t sound good? Without a complete log, hard to say.

Angelblue05

Which log do you need?

Just trying the different betas right now. ^^

Kodi log. What I recommend, in the addon settings > advanced > disable mask sensitive info, restart Kodi. This time you should be able to see the address the add-on is using to try to connect to your server websocket. Does it look right?

Kodi log. What I recommend, in the addon settings > advanced > disable mask sensitive info, restart Kodi. This time you should be able to see the address the add-on is using to try to connect to your server websocket. Does it look right?

23:17:04.688 T:1459614624  NOTICE: Emby.emby.core.ws_client -> Websocket url: wss://%DOMAIN%:%PORT%/embywebsocket?api_key=%APIKEY%&device_id=%DEVID%

23:17:04.717 T:1459614624  NOTICE: Emby.emby.core.ws_client -> ERROR:: Handshake Status 404

I think it looks good.

wss://%DOMAIN%:%PORT%/embywebsocket?api_key=%APIKEY%&device_id=%DEVID%

%DOMAIN% = my server ddns domain

%PORT% = my server HTTPS Port (reverse proxy by synology)

%APIKEY% = any API Key, don't know where it is from, or how it is created

%DEVID% = i think it is the device id which i can create new in the addon setup?

Can login from inside and outside if i use domain and port with https://

Maybe any connections with my other problem.. IPTV Simple Client freezes - Emby for Kodi 3.1.44a (Kodi log is included in post)

Angelblue05

I don’t think it’s related to your other issue.

Do you allow the websocket connection in your reverse proxy? 404 not found is unusual.

• Like 1

I don’t think it’s related to your other issue.

Do you allow the websocket connection in your reverse proxy? 404 not found is unusual.

Thats it!! Thanks :-)

• Like 1