Upgraded to 4.0 now I can't access emby outside the network

THEMIGHTYGECKOE

THEMIGHTYGECKOE
This might not be due to the update but I am running emby on an unraid server. No one, including myself, cannot connect to my emby server outside of the network. I can login to the emby app on my phone, I can see my server but when I attempt to connect to it I get the error message that "

We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."

I can't find a setting in emby that is blocking it. The port is unblocked and forwarded. I can see the port is open using canyouseeme.com. Plex users can still connect to plex which leads me to think that it's an emby setting somewhere.

Any suggestions?

Edit 1: I can connect from tv.emby.media but that's on a pc connected to the network, so I don't know if it's just connecting through the network.

THEMIGHTYGECKOE

Both my friends and I have tried connecting using Ip address and emby connect but get the same message regardless.

embyserver.txt

Edited by THEMIGHTYGECKOE

Both my friends and I have tried connecting using Ip address and emby connect but get the same message regardless.

Hi there, which Emby app are your friends trying to connect from?

• Like 1

THEMIGHTYGECKOE

I have tried using the emby app on Android and roku as well as using a browser and going to app.emby.media (whatever the theater site is)

THEMIGHTYGECKOE

I have tried both. Inside the network I connect just fine but outside of the network, I still can't connect.

I have tried:

turning off "enable automatic port mapping"

changing the port number

Adding external domain name

connecting to https

connecting through browser and emby app

deleting all plugins

Allow remote connections is checked

Remote IP address filter is blank

Secure connection mode is disabled

Enable automatic port mapping is checked

THEMIGHTYGECKOE

I was looking through the logs and found these error messages:

Error Dlna: Error in BeginListeningForBroadcasts
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.0.0.2
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Unix 4.18.17.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Processor count: 24
Program data path: /config
Application directory: /system
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (98): Address already in use
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.CreateUdpMulticastSocket(IPAddress address, Int32 multicastTimeToLive, Int32 localPort)
at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.ListenForBroadcastsAsync()
at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.BeginListeningForBroadcasts()
Source: System.Net.Sockets
TargetSite: Void UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(System.Net.Sockets.SocketError, System.String)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)

I was looking through the logs and found these error messages:

Error Dlna: Error in BeginListeningForBroadcasts

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.0.0.2

Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3

Operating system: Unix 4.18.17.0

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Processor count: 24

Program data path: /config

Application directory: /system

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (98): Address already in use

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)

at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.CreateUdpMulticastSocket(IPAddress address, Int32 multicastTimeToLive, Int32 localPort)

at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.ListenForBroadcastsAsync()

at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.BeginListeningForBroadcasts()

Source: System.Net.Sockets

TargetSite: Void UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(System.Net.Sockets.SocketError, System.String)

This message won't have any impact here.

THEMIGHTYGECKOE

yes.I would share a screenshot but , you know.

I have tried it with both my IP address and the external domain but I am still unable to connect.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the binhex version of emby but still could not connect to the server but the server would show up in the list of servers available.

update:

I installed emby server on my main PC and changed the port forwarding to my main PC but still cannot seem to connect to it which makes me think it's something on my network but my port is absolutely forwarded. 

I use eero for my WiFi. Is there a conflict there somewhere?

This is really frustrating. Everything worked fine last week and then this week I cannot connect from outside my network but everything else does. Only Emby has this issue.

THEMIGHTYGECKOE

It looks like I fixed it but had to delete the docker and then all of the appdata. I then reinstalled and suddenly it worked. Very frustrating but thank you everyone for trying to help.