v4.0.0.2 'Home videos & photos' library date added incorrect

d00zah

d00zah

I originally submitted this for v4.0.0.1b, but even after installing the stable release & building a fresh library.db (NOT an upgrade) this is VERY repeatable within this library. Date added is configured to use 'file creation date'.

The file is just a copy of another video, obviously named, & added as new. All new additions continue to exhibit this behavior. Movies (Movie library type) correctly retain the file creation data as date added.

post-10374-0-59201800-1547764353_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-49974600-1547764366_thumb.jpg

embyserver.txt

And this is what gets saved to the .nfo:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <plot />
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>0001-01-01 00:00:00</dateadded>
  <title>TEST VIDEO - BAD DATE ADDED</title>
  <runtime>2</runtime>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <micodec>h264</micodec>
        <bitrate>2016721</bitrate>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>720</height>
        <aspect>16:9</aspect>
        <aspectratio>16:9</aspectratio>
        <framerate>29.97003</framerate>
        <language>und</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>1</duration>
        <durationinseconds>105</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <micodec>aac</micodec>
        <bitrate>125588</bitrate>
        <language>und</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <samplingrate>44100</samplingrate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>

Edited by d00zah

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Hmm I see some of this, only the UI display.  My test was on beta 4.1.0.0, only tested Home video and photo library.

5c410922ec64d_added.jpg

5c4109348b708_edit.jpg

Timestamp "1547765359" = UTC time "Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:49:19 PM

5c410976a4717_db.jpg

d00zah

Happened again with today's new additions. Prohibitive, as I sort my videos by data added/descending. New stuff is 'lost' displaying large categories.

d00zah

No. Date added is correct adding the same video to a new 'Home videos & photos' with default settings (local metadata saving off).

I would note that the videos added to the original library exhibit the odd 'date added' long before the .nfo is created.

d00zah

Additionally, new additions to existing Movie & TV Series libraries report/save 'date added' correctly.

Will test Music library shortly.

d00zah

Repeatable - date added is correct for new additions to:

- Movie

- Music

- TV Shows

- Photos (also a 'Home videos & photos', mixed content library, but photos only)

Repeatable - date added is incorrect for new video additions to:

- Home videos & photos (videos only... even the library you had me create with defaults only. can't explain/repeat 1st test result)

Edited by d00zah

d00zah

so only in a mixed content library?

Since you now have me experimenting, there seem to be a number of oddities in mixed content libraries...

Note observations in the 2 previous posts (you're question unquoted).

Also, where the library path is defined as '\\NAS\Media\Photos':

When attempting to set a 'sort by' option for any subfolder:

\\NAS\Media\Photos\folder1

\\NAS\Media\Photos\folder2

\\NAS\Media\Photos\folder3

works fine... UNLESS it contains a subfolder(s) (with/without content),,,

\\NAS\Media\Photos\folder2\subfolder1

at which point, selecting 'sort by' options for 'folder2' enters/displays content of 'subfolder1'

IF there are multiple subfolders (with/without content),,,

\\NAS\Media\Photos\folder2\subfolder1

\\NAS\Media\Photos\folder2\subfolder2

selecting 'sort by' options for 'folder2' enters/displays content of 'subfolder2' (last listed?)

No matter how deep the folder tree, selecting 'sort by' options for a folder without subfolders works as expected.

Current implementation of mixed content libraries has some VERY weird issues in v4.x.

My Photos(only) / Videos(only) libraries worked fine in vv3.x.

Edited by d00zah

• 4 weeks later...
d00zah

Yea i reproduced it a few times now having a hard time again.

Verified this remains an issue in v4.0.2.0.

Occurs, without fail, each time a new item is added to this library.

New observations... date can be corrected in the editor, but following the 1st library scan it reverts to the strange date. Correct it again & it will stick/persist thru subsequent library scans. Weird.

Would like to re-state that this is a clean v4.0.1.0 install/fresh database.

Thomas64

Folks -

I am seeing this similar issue as well for any video under the "Home Videos & Photos" library type - the date is correct in the individual NFO files, but it is displayed as "12/31/1" on every item.

Other data is being ignored as well - such as "Plot"..

It exists for libraries that were added to a fresh install of 4.0.1, and ones that were added after 4.0.2. - I had held off on adding a few libraries until the next release (4.0.2) just to see if it fixed it.

Attached is an example screen capture and NFO file - an old VHS recording that was converted to .MPG ages ago.

I have a folder with 30 videos from converted old VHS tapes, and just manually added any metadata - rather than mixing in the poor quality videos with other libraries that would automatically do so.

Only seems to be happening with library type "Home Videos & Photos" for me, though I am not using the "Mixed Content" type.

LOL.. For those scratching your heads why I would go through the trouble to convert an old VHS recording of a mediocre Hurricane Andrew movie.. I lived in Miami when it hit..

Thanks,

Thomas

Edited by Thomas64

@@Thomas64 i have seen this with a few titles here and there but haven't been able to track down the issue. If you restart the server, does it still look that way?

Thomas64

Hey Luke -

Yes sir, it does..

I've actually completely wiped the build on that test Laptop and started over during the weekend - and haven't added any of the "Home Video & Photos" library types back yet...

Would it help of I turned debug logging on, then added one of the smaller ones - and gave you the log?

(Slapped a SSD in the laptop.. Thinking about keeping it spinning and contributing to the Beta testing cause once I upgrade the original setup that still runs V3.)

Thanks!

Thomas64

Hey Luke / Emby Team -

Just wanted to pass along an update..

With a fresh W10 Pro install on 2/25 and Emby 4.0.2.0 (not an upgrade from 4.0.1.0), "Home Videos and Photos" libraries were still not picking up all the information from the NFO files..

On 3/4 morning I let the latest round of Windows Updates install (see attached). Last night, when I went to watch a recorded show, I found all the additional info is now showing up correctly for items under "Home Videos and Photos" library types!

I'd been checking just to see if it auto-magically fixed itself.. LOL
Now.. I wonder if it was just coincidence, or if something in the updates fixed a W10 bug..
Either way, I'll take it!

Thanks,
Thomas

post-152697-0-11678500-1551848308_thumb.png

Edited by Thomas64

d00zah

I'm running Win7 (x64) and old content has always been fine. New additions, however, continue to display strange date added... a couple every few days... and must be edited/corrected several times before the correction 'sticks'. This was a fresh database, not an update, and Windows Updates have no bearing on the problem.

Happy2Play

I know there are several topics on date added issue, but this is the first one with a date like that.  All the others are 12/31/1.

@@Luke

Testing this I only see this issue when metadata is only written to the database (no nfo files).  But only tested adding a item to Movies with save nfo and Movie without nfo.

5c82be070b096_date.jpg

5c82be1dd9e78_dt2.jpg