Recordings filename pattern option

heula

Can we get an option to set a filename pattern. Showname - program date - program time (with different options for how the date will look like) - channel name - program subname - channel number - Channel name etc. for Recorded TV

This way everyone can set the recording name as he or she want. Personally I don't like program subname that is added at some recordings now. like this for example "Pokémon 2018_05_18_01_45_00 - Op weg naar het Pokémon Kampioenschap.ts"

With these filename Pattern I can make it look like Pokémon .2018.05.18. RTL 4.ts

Different date settings would be really appreciated. That is also missing in TVMosaic.

Thanks.

drDp6R9.png

This has been requested before but I guess it is buried in one of the "multi-request" topics so I'll leave this one as the main one for this specific feature.

Biggest issue I see with this level of customization is that it will make it so that someone can create recordings that the system then cannot recognize.  And then come back and tell us the system is broken.

So, it would have to have some level of validation to ensure basic information exists in the pattern.

Well, than the filename patern should only match to what Emby does recognize for auto organize.

Or is it not that simple?

Does the way Emby is naming the recordings now match to the Emby auto organize feature?

I think having options for this is a great idea for the future. To answer your question, no, there is no connection between the DVR and auto-organize.

I think having options for this is a great idea for the future. To answer your question, no, there is no connection between the DVR and auto-organize.

Okay, thanks.