Raspberry PI Options

Face
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

I've read through the main XBMB3C thread and it seems Raspberry PI is a bit slow for this addon, so this might be a stupid question, but is there somehow I can use XBMB3C and disable some of the features, a sort of 'lite' option? All I really want is Play States and maybe Overview, I don't mind if artwork / backdrop / thumbnails don't get displayed as my Raspberry PI will be a secondary media player and will sit in the bedroom. Would this be theme specific as the theme controls displaying of artwork etc or would XBMB3C still bring stuff over?

Otherwise I might just have to use XBMC SMB File Browser and forget about Play States.

Edited by Face

Beardyname

As a 2nd option, install the addon but don't use it (Just let it sit in the background). This way you can still use it as a remote-receiver (not sure what i should call it).

Works great from my phone and the Web-ui :)

• Solution
xnappo

True - you could use an Android app as a remote control.  There are already options in the AddOn to strip data back to a minimum.  If you have a small(ish) collection it may be okay.

Your other options are:

1. Switch to a XIOS/Ouya box - this is supposed to work well.

2. Use the XBMC meta-data plugin along with Trakt.

xnappo

As a 2nd option, install the addon but don't use it (Just let it sit in the background). This way you can still use it as a remote-receiver (not sure what i should call it).

Works great from my phone and the Web-ui :)

Could you explain the remote-receiver? That that mean I control it from my phone so-to-say and it will play on Raspberry PI?

True - you could use an Android app as a remote control.  There are already options in the AddOn to strip data back to a minimum.  If you have a small(ish) collection it may be okay.

Your other options are:

1. Switch to a XIOS/Ouya box - this is supposed to work well.

2. Use the XBMC meta-data plugin along with Trakt.

xnappo

Yeah I was thinking a Ouya. Raspberry PI was given to me so I was hoping for a inexpensive way to set media up in the bedroom

With Trakt, would I install the plugin in MB3 and then in XBMC, then it shares Play States etc?

Edited by Face

xnappo

With Trakt, would I install the plugin in MB3 and then in XBMC, then it shares Play States etc?

Yep - exactly.

xnappo

Yep - exactly.

xnappo

Interesting. I didn't realise Trakt did that. I thought it was more for 'social networking' or something. I'll look into it, thanks!