After new update

RLG59RD
Go to solution Solved by notla49285,

I'm sorry, I have no idea - I am at work now, not at my server PC. With regards to the other plugins, I had a lot fail when I tried to install and indeed I had to reinstall on several occasions until they succeeded - maybe the xml plugin is the same then, but it shows in my plugins as version 3.3.1.0?

Regards

Rob

Happy2Play

Sorry I some how overlooked it, yes 3.3.1.0 is the current version.

Just not understand the errors you are getting as the server is looking and not finding some xml files.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'K:\Emby Cloud\TV and Film\FILM\New\BlacKkKlansman 2018.xml'

I know, in that particular folder (New Movies), I had to manually input the IMDB reference and upload a suitable image. It's very bizarre?

Rob

One thing to be aware of.  You won't have images right away while the scan is going on.

Once your libs have been properly scanned (full scan) then your artwork will start downloading and all the meta-data will get loaded.

You might have just jumped the gun a bit.

This process can take some time on a big system.

At present when I checked, there had been no more movement (downloaded artwork), was wondering if I should remove and reinstall the xml plugin? If not, then its going to take days to get my system set up again with the correct artwork.

Rob

Crikey,

I need to be told what to use here please, what plugins do I need to have installed to populate the artwork and data required in my various movies and tv sections. I have received that much information and I am now totally confused, I have them many plugins doing the same jobs.

If somebody could please advise what plugins I need to achieve my library information automatically, then that will be superb

Regards

Rob

Crikey,

I need to be told what to use here please, what plugins do I need to have installed to populate the artwork and data required in my various movies and tv sections. I have received that much information and I am now totally confused, I have them many plugins doing the same jobs.

If somebody could please advise what plugins I need to achieve my library information automatically, then that will be superb

Regards

Rob

• Solution
notla49285

Crikey,

Regards

Rob

Others may need to step in and tell me I'm wrong if necessary as I don't have as complex a library and therefore knowledge as some people on here, however...

If you want/need to preserve the xml files you have, then use xml. If you're starting afresh, it's better to use nfo files. All of my libraries are configured to keep the nfo files in the same directories as my media files, along with all image files too. There are probably pros and cons of storing these in the same directory, I'll leave it to someone else to suggest why not to, but if anything goes wrong with my server I have a backup of all of my media with the images and metadata stored alongside it so Emby doesn't have to download it all again if something goes wrong.

Regarding plugins, I have MovieDb (for movie info), MusicBrainz (for music info), Tvdb (yep, you guessed it, TV info) and Nfo Metadata (to handle Nfo files). Between all these my server automatically finds metadata and images then stores them in my media directories when new media is discovered (or when I manually scan).

I thought, however, that some or all of these were pre-installed with 4.0?

• Like 2

Awesome, 

Thanks for your help, that's brill - i believe some of these were pre-installed, but, unfortunately, in my case, they did not install correctly. Nevertheless, i will give your set up a go, many thanks

Rob

Yes those plugins that you mentioned are pre-installed, however earlier in this topic there were write permissions errors in his logs. I had asked him to delete the plugins folder but he did not respond to that so I'm not entirely clear on where he stands now. Thanks.

Luke, 

I did do as you said and deleted and re- installed the plug ins- there is a bit of a delay as i was at work. Thanks for your help, i have now uploaded all my artwork again, two days nearly, wow.

Anyway, anyway thanks

Rob

Ok great thanks for clearing that up. I apologize for the difficulty in your upgrade. It is a major upgrade with a lot of changes, and in nearly 6 months of beta testing we never saw permissions error causing the plugin install failure.