After new update

RLG59RD
Go to solution Solved by notla49285,

Yes Bud, 

Can you link the previous version, so i can put that back on  and then re run the update? I think it must have corrupted my files ?

Regards

Rob

Hello,

Any news? Can you link the previous version, so i can put that back on and then re run the update? I think it must have corrupted my files ? I am running Windows 10 Pro ?

Regards

Rob

CBers

Depending on what the upgrade has done, it's not possible to simply go back to the previous version.

Please post the current server logs.

How to Report a Problem

WRT the previous version, you already have it.

If you rename the current system folder to system.v4, then rename system.old to system, you might be able to get back to the previous version, but this isn't recommended.

When I have upgraded before and a similar thing happened, I was able to re-install the previous version and effectively start again?

Can I at least try?

Regards

Rob

I didn't have to start from scratch, it overwrote the previous files and worked as if I had not done anything to it. I just need a link to the previous version if possible. At the moment it will not start and I cannot use the server at all.

Regards

Rob

notla49285

There are major changes to 4.0 including changes to the Emby database, so this isn't as simple as reinstalling previous versions even if this has worked before. Emby developers will need to see your server logs to diagnose the issue.

CBers

This is an absolute nightmare! I thought these updates are all checked before being released.

Rob

They have been, but you need to supply your server lugs as requested earlier.

No logs, no investigation!

Okay,

Sorry for the rant, will sort out and post when I get home from work - the thought of redoing my server content again, is frightening, so much stuff, takes forever even with a back up. The back up does not cover all the artwork..............................................

Rob

Okay,

Sorry for the rant, will sort out and post when I get home from work - the thought of redoing my server content again, is frightening, so much stuff, takes forever even with a back up. The back up does not cover all the artwork..............................................

Rob

If you have customized artwork, hopefully, you have turned on the option to save this alongside your media.  In that case, nothing should be lost even if a rebuild is necessary.

Hi Chaps, 

Please find server log file as requested - please i hope this can now be unravelled so i can get the server started and updated. I have no access to it at all at the moment, it attempts to start but closes down straight away. If somebody can help asap i would really appreciate any help, so i don't have to make another server.

Kind regards

Rob

embyserver.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by RLG59RD

CBers

For starters:

Access to the path 'C:\Users\rjspr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll' is denied.

CBers

And:

Access to the path 'C:\Users\rjspr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\config\users\e42ebc2e0c6e4143966d5f69b31ae7d0\policy.xml' is denied.

CBers

What do i need to do ?

Fix the access problem.

Are you starting Emby server with the same user account that you installed it with?

Are you running Emby as a service?

notla49285

@@RLG59RD, open your Windows start menu and type "services.msc" then press Enter to open it, if you see Emby in that list then it's running as a service. I'd be expecting it not to be tbh.

Also:

Are you starting Emby server with the same user account that you installed it with?

It appears the server has suddenly lost write access to it's program data folder:

C:\Users\rjspr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata

What windows user is logged in? IS it rjspr?

Can you try rebooting your machine?

Hi, 

Having had to reinstall the server after the update, due to it corrupting my files and waiting for an extremely long scan. I have loads of blank folders , small artwork, not covers as before and the links to IMDB, supplying only information not images? I have to manually upload an image and the only way to save it, is as a backdrop?

This upgrade is fast turning into a nightmare?

Regards

Rob