Live TV with HDHomeRun

hooray4me

If they're merely encrypted and you're using a Prime with a CableCARD why complicate things?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

hooray4me

I played around with this awhile back as an attempt at channel management.

I have several HDHR tuners and I could not find a method for a single M3U solution to cover all the tuners. So with 1 M3U per tuner I ended up with duplicate channels.

Don't know if there is a way to do it with a single M3U and multiple HDHR tuners, I couldn't figure it out.

I know tvheadend handles this issue well. As I said earlier, I don't know yet how Emby via M3U tuner will handle it yet. Anyone already know the answer?

hooray4me

I'm still not sure it will address the problem..   Today if you have ONE hdhomerunprime you have a three stream limit right?   If I add a second hdhomerunprime i now have a 6 stream limit right?  The channels dont double up,  so I dont have two channel 5 news in the EPG right?    this is good.

However if i have ONE IPTV M3u that has a 3 stream limit,  and add a SECOND iptv m3u tuner with a 3 stream limit (just like the example above) I now have two sets of all of the channels, each with three stream limits on each channel...     This is not the desired result...   I should have a single set of channels each with a SIX stream limit just like the hdhomerunprime example above.    

We need the ability to group, or say these two IPTV m3u's each with their own stream limit need to show as a single channel group just with more stream limits...  

I know tvheadend handles this issue well. As I said earlier, I don't know yet how Emby via M3U tuner will handle it yet. Anyone already know the answer?

Has this been addressed in the 4.0 release?

• Like 1

pir8radio

I know tvheadend has a method to handle this...

5c426e223a993_20190118_182106.jpg

Yea it groups them. But if each m3u is only allowed 3 streams how does it know that? And how does it monitor emby s usage of the streams If using m3u method to get streams into emby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hooray4me

Yea it groups them. But if each m3u is only allowed 3 streams how does it know that? And how does it monitor emby s usage of the streams If using m3u method to get streams into emby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you create the network for each tuner, you specify the number streams... TVheadend manages the concurrent streams. once the max number of streams is reached, emby will give an error that there are no streams available.

5c4392f771f17_20190119_151046.jpg

mastrmind11

Waiting on confirmation this works wo tvheadend. Not urgent

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

pir8radio

When you create the network for each tuner, you specify the number streams... TVheadend manages the concurrent streams. once the max number of streams is reached, emby will give an error that there are no streams available.

5c4392f771f17_20190119_151046.jpg

Gotcha...  Thx

Waiting on confirmation this works wo tvheadend. Not urgent

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yea me too... I don't want to have to install another server software when I think emby could do it out of the box... just a cleaner setup...     But ill keep TVHeadend in my back pocket for sure..

hooray4me

Gotcha...  Thx

Yea me too... I don't want to have to install another server software when I think emby could do it out of the box... just a cleaner setup...     But ill keep TVHeadend in my back pocket for sure..

Agreed on all accounts, we only set this up to solve for our issue. If Emby can support "pooling" available streams to individual channels I'd be happy.

@@robrhedrick, got a few questions for you.

First I notice your Showtime East is using DTCP which is DRM.  If you look at this channel in the web app for the Prime in the Channel Lineup screen it says DRM to the right correct?

Do you have a sdv tuning adapter in your setup for each prime? This is a device plugged into the USB port on the back of the Prime that would be given to you by your cable company along with the Cable Card.

When you play this channel back (when it's working) and look at the tuner status for that specific tuner does it show:

Authorization subscribed

CCI Protection protected-copyonce

if not what does it show for those 2 lines?

Lastly, if you have VLC.  Try this for me.  Open a network stream (media menu) and paste in:

http://10.50.3.250:5004/auto/v578?CONTENTPROTECTIONTYPE=DTCP1&DTCP1HOST=10.50.3.250&DTCP1PORT=8888

Does this play?

Thanks for any of that info you can supply!

Carlo

Edited by cayars

• 10 months later...
darrenkdean

@@robrhedrick, got a few questions for you.
First I notice your Showtime East is using DTCP which is DRM.  If you look at this channel in the web app for the Prime in the Channel Lineup screen it says DRM to the right correct?

Do you have a sdv tuning adapter in your setup for each prime? This is a device plugged into the USB port on the back of the Prime that would be given to you by your cable company along with the Cable Card.

When you play this channel back (when it's working) and look at the tuner status for that specific tuner does it show:
Authorization subscribed
CCI Protection protected-copyonce
if not what does it show for those 2 lines?

Lastly, if you have VLC.  Try this for me.  Open a network stream (media menu) and paste in:
http://10.50.3.250:5004/auto/v578?CONTENTPROTECTIONTYPE=DTCP1&DTCP1HOST=10.50.3.250&DTCP1PORT=8888

Does this play?

Thanks for any of that info you can supply!
Carlo

Yes, there is a Charter supplied SDV Tuning Adapter connected to each Prime via USB.  Given the trouble we have had with College Football streaming specifically on LG TV's, we will be re-implementing the TV Headend Server.  Happy Sunday all!