Roku Thumbnails: Generate by Library

notla49285

notla49285

The Roku thumbnails plugin needs to allow for the user to choose which libraries they want to generate thumbnails for. On running the current task it's taken nearly 12 hours to complete 35%, I've found in the logs that there are a LOAD of errors when creating thumbnails for trailers (as in, the plugin, not my own). I've now uninstalled the trailers plugin. Also, one of my libraries contains a LOT of files in it which I don't need thumbnails for, and due to the quantity this takes a very long time to complete (it also slows the library scan down as thumbnails are created whenever a new file is found).

Firstly, I'm fairly sure nobody wants or needs thumbnails creating for the trailers plugin, so this should be disabled anyway. For the other library of mine, for me there is simply no need for thumbnails, but with other users also I don't doubt there are many libraries out there that don't need thumbnails therefore it is wasted processing and storage.

Edited by notla49285
  • Like 2

Gilgamesh_48

Hi there, did you search the community for similar topics?

I thought I had made a feature request for something similar but it was a discussion in the "Plugins" forum:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/67806-roku-thumbnail-library-exclusion/

I guess it is pretty easy to get confused about what is a new feature request and what has been discussed elsewhere.

I would like to add my support for this feature.

notla49285

The above referenced thread didn't actually call for this facility to be added, it's criticising the dialog that says you can already do this, which you can't. I'm still having issues with trailers even though I've uninstalled the plugin and restarted Emby server, I've rebooted the machine completely but if it carries on I'll post elsewhere.

This facility still needs to be added at some point.

notla49285

I also notice it's creating .bif files for theme videos, which literally never get played directly on Roku so is a complete waste of time and resources.

• Like 2