Automatic Box Sets (Collections) - change in moviedbcollectionID

steve1977

steve1977

I have around one dozen collections that no longer exists (i.e., moviedb has removed this collection and now results in a 404 error). Some of the collections now have a new collectionID and some are just no longer part of an collection.

Given MBS does not update this for me, I am now going through each individual movies and update the collectionID.

What I need from this plugin though is a way to remove the old collection once no movie is affiliated with this ID. I thought this would happen if I press "refresh boxsets", but this is not the case. Unfortunately, all disappeared collections still show up under collection in MBS with names such as: "MB Auto Set [tmdbid=133874] [boxset]".

Any chance to help fix this? Thanks in advance!

CBers

You could clear out the collection folders under \data and refresh via the plugin.

If a movie has an invalid collection ID, you'll need to remove that first.

I had about 6 collections with invalid IDs and that's how I resolved mine.

Edited by CBers

You can just delete those with the web editor.

I removed the automatic clean up of old collections from the plug-in because we can't always be sure if it is one we created or you did (or maybe modified).

steve1977

Thanks for your replies. I understand CBers suggestion, but not sure I would know how to delete from web editor. How would this work?

Also, would appreciate your support on the request below. It is very cumbersome to manually delete all mtdbcollectin-IDs from movies that no longer have one. There are around 150 movies of mine where this is the case:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6776-refresh-does-not-change-remove-moviedb-collection-id/

Thanks for your replies. I understand CBers suggestion, but not sure I would know how to delete from web editor. How would this work?

535d869978303_delcollection.png

steve1977

Did you enable the delete function for the user that is logged in?

Probably not. Not at my computer now. Where would I find this setting?

Tolerant

I just encountered this issue with the DC Animated Universe collection.. went to look up a movie to find the ID cause I added another one and moviesdb had removed the collection. Any idea why they would remove a collection? Really not sure what to do with the collection, I liked the idea of the plugin making them when possible and keeping them updated but this seems kinda depressing if the website it gets it's info from isn't going to maintain them.

i think what happens is someone creates the collection, then someone else disagrees with it and later it gets removed. it's all community maintained data.

Tolerant

Probably not. Not at my computer now. Where would I find this setting?

USERS -> PROFILES -> <Select a user> -> "Allow this user to delete content".

steve1977

Agree it is unfortunate that the collections on TMDB are somewhat volatile (some getting removed and some getting changed).

What would really help though if MBS updates the collection-ID once it is changed (or even remove it). Any chance to see this feature implemented?

• 2 weeks later...
steve1977

Agree it is unfortunate that the collections on TMDB are somewhat volatile (some getting removed and some getting changed).

What would really help though if MBS updates the collection-ID once it is changed (or even remove it). Any chance to see this feature implemented?

Any chance to see this implemented? I believe the IMDB-ratings are being updated. Why not have MBS remove / change the collection-ID as well upon refresh?

• 1 month later...

With our old provider setup, we did re-confirm the collection IDs whenever the provider ran but I'm not sure if that is still happening.  I'm not sure if there is any event that occurs to tell us that something like that has changed, but we should at least pick it up on a manual refresh.  Does that work?

steve1977

With our old provider setup, we did re-confirm the collection IDs whenever the provider ran but I'm not sure if that is still happening.  I'm not sure if there is any event that occurs to tell us that something like that has changed, but we should at least pick it up on a manual refresh.  Does that work?

Nope, it does not work at "manual refresh". To be precise, I don't know whether it works when the collection-ID changes. I know that it does not work if there is no longer a collection-ID (i.e., someone has removed the collection-ID on TMDB and MBS does not pick this up at manual refresh).