trailers for all movies?

nmbrg

d00zah

Thanks, guys. That was an incomplete, sarcastic comment, committed by someone 'trying' to be helpful'. Oops. That's how I use it, but miss the DVD & BR/Netflix sections... haven't seen them populated for quite a while?

Edited by d00zah

Try refreshing the metadata on some of them.

I did, no change. Still didnt get any trailers.

The plugin is not needed to see trailers that are shown in metadata.  I just added 2 fast 2 furious and 21 jump street and both showed Trailer button in web client. 

Note Emby provided all metadata and only tested with nfo enabled.

Ok, then i should get the trailers as well. But i dont.

But i have since uninstalled Emby since i couldnt get trailers to work (and hw transcoding hevc (4k) doesnt work either).

So im staying with Plex until i hear that trailers/hw transcoding is working in emby without issues (apparently there are issues, if not, i would have had trailers)

Happy2Play

I did, no change. Still didnt get any trailers.

Ok, then i should get the trailers as well. But i dont.

But i have since uninstalled Emby since i couldnt get trailers to work (and hw transcoding hevc (4k) doesnt work either).

So im staying with Plex until i hear that trailers/hw transcoding is working in emby without issues (apparently there are issues, if not, i would have had trailers)

Sorry, all I did was fetch metadata from TMDB to get a link to YouTube, and it appeared in the web client.  As for downloading trailers so you have them locally there are plugins and third party software that can do that.

As for 4k transcoding that is subjective, as it is truly dependent on the hardware you have at this time.  But that is the same for Plex also.

Well I've never said I wanted them locally. I did say I don't want any third party plugins/apps/scripts to make things work though.

I'm fully aware of the requirements. And my hardware is compatible and should have no problem hw transcoding,

But discussing it now is a a waste of both our time.

• 2 months later...

Tried that, didnt change much. theres only a few (about 5 movies) that has trailers now.

i mean, not even the avengers movies has trailers. 

and about every movie i got is blockbusters like that.

so id say the trailer function/plugin or whatever is lacking severely.

If you have MovieDb  metadata enabled and you refresh metadata on a movie, you should get trailers that way.

i have. and unfortunately i dont get trailers for more than a handful of movies.

Do your movies have Moviedb id's assigned?  How are you determining "don't get trailers" ?

Do your movies have Moviedb id's assigned?  How are you determining "don't get trailers" ?

Here you have a screenshot of the moviepage of avatar. And a screenshot of the metadata settingswindow of the ID's.

And this is only one of all the 500 movies that do not have a trailer. Most of them common/famous/big movies as this one.

It should have a trailer button beside "spela upp" (play). but it hasnt.

Some movies, about 5-10 perhaps. has the button. but most dont.

5caba6715ffbb_emby_scr_no_trailer.jpg

5caba68249549_emby_avatar_ID.jpg

Edited by nmbrg

Happy2Play

I just added a stub file for the Avengers movie to a database only library and had no issue with trailer button appearing. (web client)

5cabcbb1df67f_stub.jpg

@@nmbrg

Are you referring to a specific client that is not displaying trailers as that is possible?

Edited by Happy2Play

No, I.mean that the movies don't get trailers added, period.

Don't matter which client. .don't know how more clear I can be.

I told.you whats not working. I showed you screensshots. Emby isn't adding trailers to the movies, as it should.

But I'll leave it at that.

I don't have time to work for free. If you fix it, that's great. If not, I'll just use plex instead.

Good night!

Happy2Play

How about a server log of you refreshing one of these movies?  Do you save metadata with media?  If so can you zip and post the nfo file for a movie that should have a trailer.

How about a server log of you refreshing one of these movies?  Do you save metadata with media?  If so can you zip and post the nfo file for a movie that should have a trailer.

https://ufile.io/917f0

Edited by nmbrg

Happy2Play

This is do to there being not trailers on TMDB in your selected language "SV".

https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/24428?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=sv&include_image_language=sv,null,en

No trailers

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/24428-the-avengers/videos?language=sv

@@Luke

I don't know the fallback process but should it not fallback and get the English trailer?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

FireTV still doesn't display trailers in the movie details even though YouTube is now integrated in FireTV.

Also, when in the Trailers plugin, there should be a search. Especially if the sort is set for release date.

@@ebr how about putting the movie detail trailer button back in the FireTV app? That way Cinema mode would work too? Not even sure why there is an option for 'Cinema mode' in FireTV since trailers aren't available.

Edited by dcol

FireTV still doesn't display trailers in the movie details even though YouTube is now integrated in FireTV.

Also, when in the Trailers plugin, there should be a search. Especially if the sort is set for release date.

@@ebr how about putting the movie detail trailer button back in the FireTV app? Should work now.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/78063-question-about-youtube-trailers/