Video Not Playing

MicahButts

MicahButts

My videos are not playing in multiple browsers and apps. Meta data comes through and the titles get updated normally. I click on the video to play it and it just acts like it loads but it never does anything. 

Log (1).txt

Edited by MicahButts

MicahButts

I tried to run through the commands and I would always get this error when it looked like it was about to finish installing. 

Exception: URLError:<urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, ornot known> occured, destroyed emby-server.

Thanks for the help so far. 

MicahButts

I was running these commands 

cd /tmp

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bott0r/iocage-plugin-emby/master/emby-server.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes allow_raw_sockets=1 -n emby-server.json --branch 'master'

I tried to run through the commands and I would always get this error when it looked like it was about to finish installing. 

Exception: URLError: occured, destroyed emby-server.

Thanks for the help so far. 

@@MicahButts exactly what commands did you run?

makarai

Hi @@Luke and @@MicahButts

cd /tmp
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ma-karai/iocage-plugin-emby/master/emby-server.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes allow_raw_sockets=1 -n emby-server.json --branch 'master'

These commands are perfectly fine, however the current official stable is not working, it will be updated very soon! I recommend deleting your current jail and installing the beta, and then upgrade the beta to the next stable when it is released. To install the beta:

cd /tmp
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ma-karai/iocage-plugin-emby/beta/emby-server-beta.json
iocage fetch -P dhcp=on vnet=on bpf=yes allow_raw_sockets=1 -n emby-server-beta.json --branch 'beta'   

Cheers

Edited by makarai

schwarznavy

Greetings @@makarai. Is there a follow-on guide somewhere for mounting a shared media dataset to the emby jail? I have a media dataset (/mnt/Tank/media) that I mount into a Transmission jail and other jails. Cannot get it to work inside an Emby jail.

makarai

Greetings @@makarai. Is there a follow-on guide somewhere for mounting a shared media dataset to the emby jail? I have a media dataset (/mnt/Tank/media) that I mount into a Transmission jail and other jails. Cannot get it to work inside an Emby jail.

This will be a back and forth conversation starting from here.

Did you mount your media folder /mnt/Tank/media to emby using the GUI?

My first guess as always is that you mounted the proper folders to the jail but emby runs on a user that does not have access rights.

Edited by makarai

MicahButts

@@makarai I tried to install the beta but I am still receiving the 

Exception: URLError:<urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, ornot known> occured, destroyed emby-server-beta-4. error. not sure what is going on here. 

makarai

@@makarai I tried to install the beta but I am still receiving the 

Exception: URLError:<urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, ornot known> occured, destroyed emby-server-beta-4. error. not sure what is going on here. 

Hey mate didnt see that there were two conversations here. Would you mind answering a few questions first

Can you tell me which version of freenas you are running, if you are not on the last version please update to FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1

Can you install the IRRSI plugin from the Plugin Catalague on freenas, it should quickly install. Report back. Leave it installed for the moment.

Can you open a shell and type    

nslookup google.com 

and report back

Edited by makarai