3 replies to this topic

#1 gene0915 OFFLINE  

gene0915

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • Local time: 10:16 AM

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:38 PM

I found an old post regarding this: https://emby.media/c...t-connectivity/ ..... does this limitation still exist with the Apple TV?

My internet went out for a few hours tonight so I decided to fire up the Emby app on my Apple TV and catch up on some shows but all I got though was a gray screen. I switched over to the -Plex- client on my Apple TV and had no problems watching via Plex. (I run Emby and Plex on the same server.)

Log file attached (but if this is known issue with Emby on the Apple TV, I guess the log file doesn't matter? :)

If this -IS- a limitation, what magic is Plex doing that allows it to work?

Happened around 7:55pm eastern.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Log.txt   410.51KB   0 downloads

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 136081 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:16 PM

We went the TVML route with app that uses a combination of the installed app along with hosted assets. So yes that currently means it requires an internet connection. It's something we can look to improve in a future update to the app. Thanks !

#3 gene0915 OFFLINE  

gene0915

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:38 PM

We went the TVML route with app that uses a combination of the installed app along with hosted assets. So yes that currently means it requires an internet connection. It's something we can look to improve in a future update to the app. Thanks !

Was just wondering if there was any update on this issue? Like maybe have the app default to some "basic" view if no internet connection is detected? (Just use what the server is providing.)

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 136081 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:01 PM

Not yet, sorry, but it will be coming. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users