Emby issues with chromecasts/tv apps...New user please help

darbos

Hi I just came over from Plex and have a  issues I am hoping someone can help with.  I have emby running in a vm on  ubuntu, everyhting works great both inside my network and outside my network, I have a nginx reverse proxy setup.  I spend alot of time at another house I have and have a weird issue, I can watch emby on my phone no problem but if I hit the cast button I dont get any devices to cast too.  I know weird, sounds like a google problem...but I can try and cast something else and everything shows up normal.  I have good wifi and am connected, its all unifi.  I also have been trying this on the stable version but upgraded today to the beta 4.0 to see if that helped but I am still seeing the issue.  

If someone could please help or point me in a direction to start looking I would very much appreciate it!

**Hunting around the forums I see logs requested alot, I am not sure if posting on the forum without scrubbung them is ok?

Hmm, well we use the google cast sdk to detect the devices. what if you install Chrome on your ubuntu vm, and then use the web app there. Does it see your chromecasts?

i use ubuntu server, theres no gui.  I know its strange, I looked through them emby logs I see the connecting and request but nothing about a chromecast (i dont know if I should or not but was just looking for something odd)

You won't see anything in the emby logs because it is direct from browser to chromecast device, or from ios app to chromecast device.

Do you possibly have another device you can try with?

Yea, Ill be back there tomorrow and do some more digging.  Thanks for helping, Ill post back here tomorrow and let you know what I find.