App on LG ask for Emby Connect every time on restart of TV

stofflock1

stofflock1

Hello,

I made a new installation of my computer, where the server was installed. 

I re-installed the server as usually and deleted the Emby Application on my tv to get a clean start on both units. I logged in with my previous information on the server and everything went smooth. I logged in on the TV using Emby Connect with Pin and same here, connected and everything working. The problem occurs when I restart the TV, the welcome to Emby screen appears and it asks me again to enter the Emby Connect pin. Every time I verify on the TV and on the e-mail that I receive to my mailbox. 

This is a bit frustrating since I have 20 devices on the dashboard and always have to go to my computer to verify the TV to be able to watch something. I have read some other threads about IP problems so I made both tv and my computers ip adresses to fixed. I also followed the Wikipage on "connectivity", with that said I have portforwared 8096 port in router and windows firewall. My Ip adress in dashboard is: 

In-Home (LAN) access: http://192.168.0.164:8096Help

Remote (WAN) access:  http://82.209.145.xx

I use Emby Server: Version 3.5.3.0

On LG I use: Emby Theater 1.0.9

I gave up a bit and started all over again. Made a new Emby account, deleted server from PC and app From LG TV, created new Emby connect account. Repeated installation. Same problem. I am no IT-expert what so ever so all help provided will be much appreciated and on beforehand, sorry for dumb questions. 

My unqualified guess is that the server does not remember or recognize the TV identification so it want me to add it as a new device every time it gets turned off. I turn off the TV on the power off button on remote, I have tried to turn TV off when both inside and outside of the Emby app.

embyserver.txt

server-install.log

embyserver.txt

Edited by stofflock1
  • Like 1

Hi, what model is this? It almost sounds like the data we're saving in the app is getting cleared. Then you run the app again and it's basically like a new install.

@@SamES

stofflock1

Thanks for quick reply,

The TV is a LG Smart TV (OLED65B8PLA). Worth mentioning, the setup has been working fine for 2 months until two days ago, when i re-installed my computer/server. I have not made any changes on the Emby TV more than reinstalling the Emby Theater application from LG appStore. 

I found this other thread (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60725-login-account-issues-w-emby-connect/) which describes my problem to some extent. Tho it feels like I have followed the solution of you and mr.ebr, I might be mistaken. 

Edited by stofflock1

SamES

@@Luke, I see this a few times in the log which I don't expect, as well was a few odd exceptions.  Does this give you a clue as to what might be going on?  Could there be cached/duplicate credentials in the emby-connect server

Access token is invalid or expired

I wouldn't think so because the app refreshes those.

The other thing is that our last LG update was in March so there could be an issue related to the older code base.

We have a new update in LG review so you could reevaluate with that once released. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
BobTheGreat

I think this is a pretty common issue for LG's OLED TVs. I've had the same issue on my 55OLEDB7V with Plex in the past where I couldn't link any plex client to the server because it would jump right back to link your account after linking. I've had the same issue described when I first installed Emby client. The solution:

• Reset your TV to initial settings
  • Reinstall Emby app
  • Sign in using Emby Connect
  • Verify by restarting the TV

These steps worked like a charm for Plex, YouTube, XPlay, Emby.

Edited by BobTheGreat