Login & account issues w/ Emby Connect

jimbankshome

jimbankshome

I recently wiped my computer (and Emby Server) and set it up again from Win7 to Win10.  I kept the same Emby server name after reinstalling Emby.

Since then I've experienced a couple of problems with my user accounts which are connected through Emby Connect.  

1. Problem #1 - I have a user that no longer shows up in my Emby Server user accounts.  I take the option to add the user again along with the option to Invite with Emby Connect (the user already has an Emby Connect account).  

A. The user does not get added on my server in pending status.  Specifically, the user just never appears.

B. No e-mail ever arrives to the Emby Connect user's e-mail address (my wife).

2. Problem #2 - Various Emby apps on all our multiple devices now are regularly asking us to reconfirm with a PIN each time we log in to the app (Chrome, iOS, AppleTV, Windows Emby App), AND about 50% of the time they also forget the Emby server associated with the Emby Connect account.  This forces us to manually add the server using the remote IP address after starting the app.  Again this happens regularly now on the same app on the same devices with the same accounts.

That's really the best I can describe both problems.  Seems like the linkage between the Emby Connect accounts having the problem and my Emby server may be compromised. 

I'd be happy to delete the users from my Emby Server instance and also re-configure the Emby Connect accounts.  I can't seem to discover how to delete the Connect accounts though.

Help please!  Advice on what to do to solve both problems above?  I may have mis-diagnosed the solution too, so I'm open to be instructed how to proceed differently.

Love Emby.  Thanks in Advance.

Edited by jimbankshome

mastrmind11

Did the IP of the machine change when you did the reinstall?  If your router isn't binding static IP to MAC address, it likely changed which is likely the issue (it's still discoverable, but Emby is getting confused).  When I've migrated to new hardware/etc in the past, I've had to remove the server from each client and re-add it at the login screen manually.  Haven't had issues since.  Granted this was when I switched from standalone Emby to Docker, but the concept is the same.

jimbankshome

Thanks for the reply.  I do use a static IP address from this server and it did not change.  Too many other services and router config to ever want to change that.  Still suspecting that if we simply deleted the Emby Connect accounts all would be fine.

I just tested with an entirely new user and Emby Connect and all went well.  Problem is with existing users with Emby Connect accounts -- including my own.

Hi.  Yes, if you re-install your server, you will need to re setup any Emby Connect links.

Does that answer your questions?

@@jimbankshome, when you reinstalled the server, that became a brand new server installation, and that's how your apps saw it.

Therefore when you tried to reconnect using your apps saved authentication, that information was tied to the old installation and that's why you couldn't login. So Ebr is correct, you just need to go through the process again to get those users invited to the new server. 

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !