Multi stream IPTV

PGP

I am not sure which is the best way to do this so advice is appreciated.

I have purchased the 1 month premiere but I plan to switch to the lifetime version since it looks like this might be good solution for IPTV on Roku.

Currently we have 4 TVs (Main family room, Master Bedroom, Kid 1 room, Kid 2 room). The IPTV provider we purchased gave us 4 different IPTV URLs to use. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running EMBY. This works great for 1 stream.

My question is to if I want to run 4 streams, how would I set this up. I was thinking of the following ideas:

1) Put all 4 IPTV m3U urls into Emby and let it figure it out. Only issue is that if we use 1 of IPTV steams on multiple TV, it will disconnect or they might shut down our account thinking we are streaming more than we bought. Not sure how to configure each client (2 are Roku and 2 are XBOX one) so they do not use the same streams.

2) Setup multiple Emby servers (I have the a few extra Raspberry PI from a previous project that would be great to use). I am not sure if I need a multiple Emby licenses since techincally  they would be different servers. This would allow me ensure each TV is connected to only its own Emby server and thus avoid the issues with multiple streams.

Would be great if you would provide positive and negative on any ideas as I am open to other options also.

P.S. please forgive any misunderstanding as this is my first time with Emby and IPTV.

Thanks

Paresh

Hi, following the upcoming 3.6 server release we plan to expand our channel management features to allow you to do this sort of thing. Thanks.

Hopefully soon, but what I'm talking about will not be in 3.6, rather, following 3.6 we will begin working on that. Thanks.

I am not sure which is the best way to do this so advice is appreciated.

I have purchased the 1 month premiere but I plan to switch to the lifetime version since it looks like this might be good solution for IPTV on Roku.

Currently we have 4 TVs (Main family room, Master Bedroom, Kid 1 room, Kid 2 room). The IPTV provider we purchased gave us 4 different IPTV URLs to use. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running EMBY. This works great for 1 stream.

My question is to if I want to run 4 streams, how would I set this up. I was thinking of the following ideas:

1) Put all 4 IPTV m3U urls into Emby and let it figure it out. Only issue is that if we use 1 of IPTV steams on multiple TV, it will disconnect or they might shut down our account thinking we are streaming more than we bought. Not sure how to configure each client (2 are Roku and 2 are XBOX one) so they do not use the same streams.

2) Setup multiple Emby servers (I have the a few extra Raspberry PI from a previous project that would be great to use). I am not sure if I need a multiple Emby licenses since techincally  they would be different servers. This would allow me ensure each TV is connected to only its own Emby server and thus avoid the issues with multiple streams.

Would be great if you would provide positive and negative on any ideas as I am open to other options also.

P.S. please forgive any misunderstanding as this is my first time with Emby and IPTV.

Thanks

Paresh

You need a sub that has multi connections.. my sub have 5 connections so i put it in my server and i can stream on 4 tv while recording or what ever other variations of consumption