Emby Server Ver 3.5.3.0 Problem

lepitismak

Dizzy49

Have you explored the download page of our website for instructions on beta releases? thanks.

Is it possible to opt-in to beta builds within the Server UI?

If I install the beta could I switch back to stable of the same version?  Or am I stuck on the beta path?

Happy2Play

I would just like to know if installing this beta, the problem of overuse of memory will be solved.

No system is the same and every user has different experience.  So that is impossible to answer.

lepitismak

great, thanks. And yes, there are some really slow responses in this log. This should perform much better with the upcoming 3.6 release of Emby Server. Thanks.

And that's what Luke said. Do you think it would be interesting to install the Beta? If I install and dislike it. Is it easy to restore to the latest stable release?

Happy2Play

Is it possible to opt-in to beta builds within the Server UI?

If I install the beta could I switch back to stable of the same version?  Or am I stuck on the beta path?

There is no way to change branches via the UI.  Each branch requires a manual install.  You can change from beta to stable upon release of that beta version.

Happy2Play

And that's what Luke said. Do you think it would be interesting to install the Beta? If I install and dislike it. Is it easy to restore to the latest stable release?

Ultimately you would have to backup your existing system.  I only know Windows and these are the steps I used.

Make a copy of the library.db for the stable version and a copy of the stable version "system" folder.  This allows to revert the database changes the beta will make and restore stable.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

lepitismak

I had a problem with Emby earlier and thought it would be Kodi but I was wrong. The problem I believe to be really on the server.

Yesterday I had 1856 films and 13 series in my library.

Today, after importing the complete library of 1856 movies and 562 series, the server simply behaves in a totally weird way.

The CPU load is always around 5% and the memory usage is 1gb maximum (the machine has 32GB available).

I use all STRM files hosted on google drive.

I realized that after I imported all the series the server was totally impractical to use in both the kodi and any other application.

When I say I can not use it, it slows down to load the contents (in the kodi nor loads the timed out).

it's as if the server does not support or anything of the sort.

Could someone tell me what it could be? follow the logs.

embyserver.txt

lepitismak

I remember opening the LOG folder I remember they had about 50GB of text files I could not even open with the notepad. I thought they were irrelevant and just deleted. Is it if this compromised the server?