Collection.xml CollectioItem contems by tmdb or IMDB IDs instead of absolute path

Deathsquirrel

Deathsquirrel

Just did a big reorg on my drives yesterday to simplify my backup routines.  At the end of it every collection had to be rebuilt because all the movie paths changed and the <CollectionItem> value is the path to the movie file.  If that were a TMDBID instead I wouldn't have had to rebuild anything at all.

It's a little more complex than that because we allow you to add anything to a collection, whether it has an imdb id or not.

The other thing is, if you add by id, and then for some reason your metadata changes, you might not necessarily be expecting it to be removed from the collection, but that's what could happen

Deathsquirrel

It's a little more complex than that because we allow you to add anything to a collection, whether it has an imdb id or not.

The other thing is, if you add by id, and then for some reason your metadata changes, you might not necessarily be expecting it to be removed from the collection, but that's what could happen

Yeah, I considered all that but somewhere along the lines while rebuilding160+ collections across 1700 movies I stopped caring so much ;)

it's not a thing that happens every day though so I can live with the current approach.