Only one tuner recognized/usable with HDHomeRun HDTC-2US

philjsmith67

philjsmith67

I set up Emby Server on my Synology DS218play and configured it to use my single HDHomeRun HDTC-2US dual-tuner device. Emby only uses one tuner in the device, and the Live TV configuration screen I see in the online documentation, which shows a multi-tuner configuration, is without any of those multi-tuner options. I looked everywhere throughout Emby's server settings and cannot find what I see here on GitHub: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Live%20TV#live-tv-status

If I schedule two shows at the same time slot to record, Emby lets me do it, but only one of the two record.

Here is all I see for Live TV...

5c1e5e77a726e_Capture.png

And, if I open up the HDHomeRun EXTEND settings...

5c1e5ebddb38b_Capture2.png

Emby is on the latest version 3.5.3.0.

My Synology NAS is on the latest version DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 2.

My HDHomeRun is on firmware 20180817, which is the latest for the HDTC-2US with device ID 1050141D.

Does anyone know how to properly configure Emby on a Synology NAS to recognize both tuners?

philjsmith67

If I schedule two shows at the same time slot to record, Emby lets me do it, but only one of the two record. While two shows are set to record, I can access the HDHomeRun's status page and it shows only Tuner 0 active. Tuner 1 never gets used.

• 2 weeks later...
philjsmith67

Sorry for the long delay. I was away for the holidays.

Annnnd now after being away for over a week, it just works. I set pairs of shows on different RF channels to record several times, and both recorded. I also set pairs of shows on different subchannels of the same RF channel and that works too. I unfortunately no longer have the logs from when it wasn't working, so I have nothing to compare. Nevertheless, in the current logs I can see events for both programs fire one right after the other, and each has a stream wired up to their corresponding .ts files on the Synology file store.

I am not sure how or what I was doing wrong. I loaded unrelated Synology NAS updates since then, but I highly doubt that fixed this, unless the NAS restart did something.

Thank you for responding. Nothing left to troubleshoot here.