every day 200+ updates

laola

DarWun

@@Luke

Can something be done?

@@Angelblue05 @@Luke I recall reporting about long library scan times as a result of @eaDir folders on the Synology platform. A change was made that addressed the issue. I searched the posts attached to my profile, and I can't find it. So I think it may have been a PM during the early stages of testing of the Synology Package Center distribution channel. I no longer have access to those PMs.

Having said the above, I did find a May 20, 2015 post (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/13890-emby-server-on-synology/page-11&do=findComment&comment=210692) where Luke responded to another user saying that a change would be made to " have the server ignore them for the next release".

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I haven't put any effort in to confirming that the large number of items being synced is a result of the @eaDir folders as the scan times are usually less than a minute. This is with Emby for Kodi installed on a LibreElec Rpi Kodi installation. Are there any logs I can provide to confirm that these folders are actually the items being synced? 

Edited by DarWun

Angelblue05

The Kodi log would show which title received an update.

The post is old...But if you can figure out the trigger, why the server updates all your content, then you'll know how to optimize around it and it will have a direct impact on the number to sync you are seeing in Kodi. Anyway, it's the downside of Emby for Kodi.

For light quick setup, I recommend not syncing the libraries, so you access them dynamically with Emby for Kodi or using Embycon which does this, but better. :)

@@Luke - any findings yet ?

I think i did see something in your logs related to dynamic image providers but i'm not sure yet if it would actually save and cause the kodi add-on to resync. After the upcoming new release of emby server i can take another look at it. thanks.

@@Luke - also after the bump to 4.0.0.1 still the same hehaviour. Do you need any additional information from my side ?

Edited by laola