Migration server (Bkp and Restore)

lepitismak

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I was just following the guide mentioned above

Can you please elaborate on the last line?

"You'll need to open the old library.db file, then attach the new library.db file. You can then migrate the data using: REPLACE INTO NewDB.userdatas SELECT * FROM userdatas"

I'm no DBA. 

using the recommended app (DB browser for SQL light)

when attaching the new Library.db it asks for a DB name which will be used to access the attached DB! which seems odd being that I had selected the the old and new db's already. anyway i enter library.db but there is no indication that anything has happened. I'm not really sure what it is asking for here.

Ive selected the Execute SQL tab and entered the string provided but the output displays an error;

no such table: NewDB.userdatas: REPLACE INTO NewDB.userdatas SELECT * FROM userdatas

i tried it with just library.userdatas with a similar result.

update;

The wiki did not specify that the new instance of Emby needed to be shutdown!

moving on the above works (when attaching db, provide the name = NewDB so it matches the provided query) 

stuff is there.. but some is not!

1. no playlists! the old image i selected for that library is there though!

2. no collections! even after creating the collection library and pointing it to the transferred collection folder it is empty!

3. no custom images for libraries or users

the missing collections is a killer for me, i had spent considerable time sorting media into collections and modifying metadata 

the folders artwork and xml files are all there, but its not being read!

i'm guessing there is a DB entry for these somewhere

I have been considering coughing up the AU$170 for premiere, mainly for the win10 / theater option to get away from media center. but im wondering if the backup app would have issues with above? considering the manual steps seem to be missing it.

Edited by DUG