Embycon "Random" widget reloads upon watching trailer

bric

This is in the nature of a feature request or suggestion about the behaviour of the list of 'Random' videos that appears on the  'Emby Movies' page when using EmbyCon.

Problem 1:

If I watch a trailer and decide this seems like a good movie, the movie disappears from the 'random' list as soon as the trailer is done and I have to go search for it.  Worst case scenario, I don't remember exactly what the movie was called and can't find it.

Problem 2:

I see several movies that look interesting (based on artwork).  I pull up the trailer for the first one but don't get a chance to watch the others.

So feature request: stop reloading after trailer plays.

We really appreciate the 'random' feature for suggesting movies. It has a lot of potential.  The ability to pull random from a genre (or genres?) might be nice.  The ability to manually force a reload could be good.  Cycling through the list with a PiP trailer viewer playing somewhere might be nice.  Lots of possibilities. With a larger collection, more ways of being reminded about what's there is good. Thanks for putting this all together.

sualfred

Normal Kodi behaviour. Each Player.OnStop command triggers a refresh. So a random list is going to be refreshed and randomized again. That's not under control of a addon or a skin.

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

@

This will only work if you hardcode it for special nodes. For custom widgets with configured random sort order - like I offer it in Embuary - it won't work.

<control type="list">
<content sortby="random">my-custom-path</content>
</control> 
Edited by sualfred

sualfred

Yes. The setting is optional. If you return a cached randomized list and the user doesn't set the sortby setting at all

sualfred

The most userfriendly system would be that you add such things as availalbe widgets to EmbyCon. So users can simply add this paths as custom widget if the used skin supports it.

But I would be happy to have your EmbyCon caching function available as standalone python module so I could use it for my embuary helper script too. Similar to https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.module.simplecache (is unmaintained and I cannot cache complete xbmc gui directories)

My hardcoded "holiday suggestions" and "spooky suggestions" widget are also facing this damn radomize issue :)  

Edited by sualfred