Upload content via dashboard

MPG Radio

Sirbyteme

@LukeCan you please explain how to get this feature on Android (particularly for people who already have it installed)?

I did not have this so I went looking on the client and the server with no luck.

Then I uninstalled the Android client and reinstalled and still did not see it.

I have searched but found only people asking for it, not how to do it.

Thanks for all that you do.  👍

2 hours ago, Sirbyteme said:

@LukeCan you please explain how to get this feature on Android (particularly for people who already have it installed)?

I did not have this so I went looking on the client and the server with no luck.

Then I uninstalled the Android client and reinstalled and still did not see it.

I have searched but found only people asking for it, not how to do it.

Thanks for all that you do.  👍

In order to even enable camera upload in the android app you have to go into settings and select the folders you want it to upload for.

Sirbyteme

@Luke, I have "Camera Upload" working fine on my Android for "All Photos".

What I am asking is how do I make it work as "Selective Upload".

Above you state that emby for Android has that feature but I can't figure out how to make it happen.

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Sirbyteme said:

@Luke, I have "Camera Upload" working fine on my Android for "All Photos".

What I am asking is how do I make it work as "Selective Upload".

Above you state that emby for Android has that feature but I can't figure out how to make it happen.

Thanks.

You can choose the folders you want but you can't choose specific images, if that's what you're asking.

Sirbyteme

Ah, yes I am wanting to be able to upload individual images.

The current functionality is great for me as it operates like a backup for my phone but my kids don't want that.
They want to be able to upload a pic to a central library where the family could see them.
I thought that is what was meant by "Selective upload".

Even individual image uploads to each person's Camera Upload folders (current functionality) would be great.
Any chance that could be done?

8 hours ago, Sirbyteme said:

Ah, yes I am wanting to be able to upload individual images.

The current functionality is great for me as it operates like a backup for my phone but my kids don't want that.
They want to be able to upload a pic to a central library where the family could see them.
I thought that is what was meant by "Selective upload".

Even individual image uploads to each person's Camera Upload folders (current functionality) would be great.
Any chance that could be done?

Yes it's come up before and is certainly possible for future updates. Thanks.

Happy2Play
22 hours ago, Luke said:

You can choose the folders you want but you can't choose specific images, if that's what you're asking.

So Android does not have item selection like iOS then?  As Per the image I post can select the images to be uploaded.

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

So Android does not have item selection like iOS then?  As Per the image I post can select the images to be uploaded.

Neither app has individual, manual photo upload features. You might be referring to editing images of existing items. From there you can upload, but that's not going to help with what they're asking for here.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Neither app has individual, manual photo upload features. You might be referring to editing images of existing items. From there you can upload, but that's not going to help with what they're asking for here.

But per the image I posted it does as it ask to keep the already selected or add more.  So individual item selection.

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But per the image I posted it does as it ask to keep the already selected or add more.  So individual item selection.

image.jpeg

That can be used to restrict what photos the camera upload feature has access to. It's not actually an "upload right now" feature. But it's close enough, and we're essentially getting it for free via the native iOS permissions dialog. There's no equivalent to that in android though, so we'd still have to build a manual upload feature.

• Like 1

Sirbyteme

@LukeThanks for the explanation. I understand now.

I would like to request that this be added to the Android client asap.
The way I would love to see it work is for it to have these 3 options;

1 - Selective - A method on the client to select 1 or more images to send to 1 or more predefined server folders that have access control lists.
2 - All - The way it is now - To be a type of backup of your phone photos that is automatic.
3 - Both - So you have a backup in "Camera Uploads" and selected images in, e.g. "Family Vacation".

Thank you in advance,  👍

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
WyattZirbel

A movie upload feature would be nice. Maybe even just an Emby-implemented GUI for an SFTP server only available on Desktop.

My use case is my Emby server runs on a separate computer in a Proxmox VM. It has a GPU however if I want to transcode movies, it would surely slow down any playback that's happening at the moment. What if I encode all of my DVDs/CDs on my Desktop and use an Emby SFTP GUI that tells the main server to start its SFTP server and points my new client to the directory that may be setup in the Server Setup?

• 8 months later...
sundevil67

I would also be very interested in this type of capability. While I would never use a "camera upload" feature from a mobile phone (I'm a dinosaur, and use my phone for making calls & an occasional text message), a browser-based UI (with admin login of course), or upload feature someplace in the management panel would be a big help. At the moment, I am trying to login to my server from a remote location with TeamViewer to accomplish the same, but the connection keeps failing & I'm giving up. It's silly that I have to wait until I have physical access to my media server in order to update my library.

• 3 months later...
system78

Well my suggestion was closed and pointed here. But it is a little different. 

I did get hacked not that long ago, they managed to steal a few thousand in crypto. So I do not like FTP or SSH personally. I set my firewall tight so emby is the only port open to the outside world. 

My question was to add a feature that would let me take a video off my phone while I am not home, because at home SMB works just fine, and be able to upload it to the correct folder on emby. 

Example, I have a show that is S2E10, that is not copyrighted, and am on vacation. One of my family members that do not live at my house wants to watch, I would like to go into the show and upload that file directly. Bypassing all the other things that would make me open other ports.  

So camera upload would not work as I need. In basics I want to go into show XYZ, folder for Season 2, select Eppisode 10 and upload. Or even go to the TV library and upload there and then be able to manually import into said show and Eppisode. As the auto organization plug in for shows in other languages, especially Asian, does not give the English name, it saves as either the Kanji or Romanji but the Asian name still, not English. 

Please help. 

• Thanks 1