Initial set-up problem: Library sync thread has exited!

sampercy
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

sampercy

Hi all,

I decided to try Emby out today and have managed to get all the way to near the end of the road but cannot get it to recognise my library. I'll explain first that I am currently trying to use Emby for movies whilst still using an SMB drive directly mapped for TV and music. So if that is the problem then let me know.

Otherwise I'll provide more detail later.

In short though I am using Leia RC on an Android Box, and now when Emby for Kodi starts I get this message: "Library sync thread has exited! You should restart Kodi now. Please report this on the forum."

So here I am.

(It's 4am in Perth so I'll be back in about 8 hours!)

Sam.

sampercy

Thanks so much, that has helped massively. Emby seems to respond a lot faster than SMB directories.

My main reason for doing this was to be able to organise my movies into groups, I think using tags. I had hoped that Emby would make tagging easy but it is painfully slow, so Im going to build myself an app which will read all of the tags in, allow me to edit them, and then save the changes out to the nfo files. It would only work on Windows, probably Windows10, but if anyone is interested I'll let you know when I'm done. Should be today.