New feature request: Management of server wake / sleep state

LeonP

darkside40

Finally: THREE years after this thread was opened because of this bug, and approx. nine months after i gave you a detailed description of the problem the bug was solved with yesterdays beta for Android TV. Just took me nine month of continuous nagging.

Now the App just behaves like the normal Android App. How WOL is handled in Emby is still not good, but at least now it works. Now the Mibox of my father in law can just wake the Emby Server when it is needed.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
pschweig

Hi Darkside - glad this got sorted out for you.

Can you tell me if the WOL packet is sent as soon as you start the Emby app on the Google TV? Or do you need to wait for the initial connection to fail and then manually select a Wake Server menu option?

thanks

PeteGul
On 27/11/2022 at 02:56, pschweig said:

Hi Darkside - glad this got sorted out for you.

Can you tell me if the WOL packet is sent as soon as you start the Emby app on the Google TV? Or do you need to wait for the initial connection to fail and then manually select a Wake Server menu option?

thanks

Hi

I haven't checked this, but for me it just loads and start the server in that time. Don't have to do anything.

But as a sidenote: I asked for some other thing on the forum, and WoL wasn't implemented... But it still works, so something is added in the Beat.... 🙂