n00b Emby user - Day One

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ctopher72_* OFFLINE  

Guest_ctopher72_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:51 AM

I have been a PLEX Pass user for the last 8 years but since their latest update am looking for alternatives. I have downloaded and installed Emby server, and the Emby Roku app today. First off let me say I am very impressed with it as it is and can see great potential for the future.

I prefer a very simple interface where I can get to my movies, and TV quickly and with the least amount of clicks and effort. Having said that I have a couple of questions regarding customization of the Roku UI.

1. I have set my homepage to have My Media (Small), Continue Watching, and Latest Media however My media (Small still apears large on the Roku App. Is this by design or a bug? I"d prefer small.

2. When clicking into one of my media libraries  for Example "Movies" on the Roku can I somehow get it to just go directly into that All Movies sorted by release date?

These two items would create my perfect world scenario and I could see my self becoming a premiere user.

Thanks again... Great product.

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44194 posts
  • Local time: 03:13 PM

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:20 AM

Hi.  Both of those features just haven't made it into this app yet.

Thanks.

#3 Guest_ctopher72_* OFFLINE  

Guest_ctopher72_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:40 AM

Hi.  Both of those features just haven't made it into this app yet.

Thanks.

Thanks for the prompt response. I think I'll stick around for a bit and see how this evolves

#4 CortopassiLee OFFLINE  

CortopassiLee

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 01:13 PM
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:57 PM

Also a possible Plex convert, going through and seeing things I like almost across the board.  Took 21 hours to get .bif thumbnails generated, so that functionality is good.

Per the original comment, I have customized the icons through the library screen on the configuration pages, see below.  On Roku they all show as they are shown here, however, the LiveTV icon is a standard folder looking icon and I cannot find if there is a similar way to modify what that shows in the configuration pages anywhere?

Thanks

Attached Files

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 127030 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:34 PM

Right that is kind of a special one that we'll have to figure out how to allow you to customize. It's not really a library so you would not expect to see it in Library setup. It's something we can look at in a future update. Thanks.

• CortopassiLee likes this

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 127030 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:34 PM

Actually, try using the 3-dot menu on the home screen of the web app, then select Edit Images.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users