Full guide/program data without Premiere?

Hoochee

kanipek

Try using this

I don't think the XMLTV file is the issue, but what do I know.... ;)

Edited by kanipek

working to get it loaded...it's taking an unexpectedly long time to load the data. In fact, after I Refresh Guide Data the progress bar appears but the actual progress indicator never starts. Is there a conflict with the SWMC and I need to uninstall that first?

Edited by Hoochee
  • Like 1

kanipek

working to get it loaded...it's taking an unexpectedly long time to load the data. In fact, after I Refresh Guide Data the progress bar appears but the actual progress indicator never starts. Is there a conflict with the SWMC and I need to uninstall that first?

Yeah I would remove any plugins that you installed yourself - Just to eliminate all possible plugin related issues. Restarting the server also. It would not hurt to remove the tuner, and data provider info and start over.

Add a log also when you get there

Edited by kanipek

Yeah I would remove any plugins that you installed yourself - Just to eliminate all possible plugin related issues. Restarting the server also. It would not hurt to remove the tuner, and data provider info and start over.

Add a log also when you get there

I had already started the refresh when I saw your note recommending to un/re install the tuner. But seems it wasn't necessary. Guide refresh with your file is at ~72% and it's working - see the attached image showing the programs populated, icons applied, and when I hover over the icon the channel letters are:

2.1 KDTN-DT

4.1 KDFW-DT

5.1 KXAS-DT

So same as what I was seeing with my xmltv file but I see the difference in the Schedules Direct. As one example, look at channel 5.1 where in your file there are two <display-name> lines not in my zap2xml file:

<display-name>KXASDT2 (KXAS-DT2)</display-name>

<display-name>COZITV</display-name>

A naming alignment issue like you guessed at earlier. I don't see a way in the source data for zap2xml to have it pull additional display name data. What have we learned from this? You get to provide me with guide data at regular intervals until there's an integrated guide in Emby  :D

What I'll try is to copy all of Schedules Direct channel naming data and paste it over what generates in my zap2xml file. That should work as a patch. 

post-387041-0-91801000-1544030181_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hoochee

kanipek

Yeah the file you originally started with was a mix of cable and terrestrial channels. I don't know if you can do an antenna only version @zap2it or not. Worth a look for testing.

I don't know EXACTLY what the issue is - if the station identifiers change within emby/SD/zap2it between CATV/OTA. But yeah Emby "sees" different channels so it doesn't populate the data because it is not a match.

You have 14 days of data to play with - I recommend EMBY highly.  All of these DVR packages need changes, additions and enhancements. Emby works best for me. Hopefully you as well.

I don't know if your idea of using the SD channel info will work or not - It should, but you will have A LOT of program data in that file which simply will never get used for the CATV channels, cause an issue? Might cause Emby to take way longer than it should to import the guide data.

How was the channel mapping when you got done importing??

• Like 1

Mapping is the same. I hadn't noticed the zap2it output had a mix of CATV and OTA. In their site you pick a provider from Cable, Satellite or Antenna, and mine is set to Antenna. Oh well, much better than where I was yesterday and clearly your help has been the key - very much appreciated.

My reason for looking at Emby is I'm working through a Live TV and DVR buffering issue with Plex so trying to sort that as their issue, or mine (although I know it's not a PC issue).

Thanks, again!  

• Like 1