New Statistics plugin

reggi

Happy2Play

@@Diedrich I'll have to ask @@Luke if that's possible!

I just pushed an update for .NET Core, hope it works :)

Appears to work on beta and netcore.

Diedrich

I had some calculation issues in my series stats in statistics plugin v1.1.6453.35135 and emby server 3.2.32.0, but as soon as I upgraded to plugin v2.0 it is all working correctly. Something to note though - I was never given a notification on the server dashboard that there was a new stats plugin version.

Diedrich

I really like where you're going with the layout/look/feel of the plugin, @@reggi ! Fine job! I also like the view movie list - text based.

Suggestion: Make the movie list view a combo box drop-down to view as posters, text, or sort by year.

Thoughts:

• It might look better if the posters were top-aligned? Text too?
  • Remove the ' from Studio's
  • "Show Statistics" could be renamed "Series Statistics". "Show Statistics" could be interpreted as a command - a verb, rather than a noun. I know Emby Server took a foray into this name change awhile back and switched back to "Show" and I understand if you want to keep it aligned with what the server application is using. 

Issue: Show Statistics: I'm getting only a screenshot for the newest added episode and its text is blank. Also, it's not pulling the newest episode, it's pulling an old episode and its date is horribly incorrect. I only know what the text says because the dashboard view got all wonky after using the "Go Back" button.

Edited by Diedrich

adrianwi

I've just started using emby in anger and had previously used Plex and PlexPy for many years.  This plugin looks useful, but it doesn't appear to give me any aggregated stats about when my server is being used.  I found this really useful:

59ccc601d72aa_plexpygraphs.jpg

Any chance something similar could be added in the future?

• Like 1

@Diedrich 

Thanks for the review, I'll make some changes when I push a new update.

As for the wrong newest episode, it's a bug that got back into my code after changing it to .NET Core. Thanks for pointing it out!

• Like 1

meddaugh

My plugin has been failing for over a week now.  I removed the statistics.xml file and it did regenerate it, but still fails..

2017-10-06 09:20:37.888 Info TaskManager: Executing Calculate statistics for all users
2017-10-06 09:20:37.935 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.thetvdb.com/api/3B9470F2306003B8/series/121361/all/en.zip
2017-10-06 09:20:38.546 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.thetvdb.com/api/3B9470F2306003B8/series/150051/all/en.zip

....alot of this....

2017-10-06 09:21:21.285 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.thetvdb.com/api/3B9470F2306003B8/series/82459/all/en.zip
2017-10-06 09:21:21.660 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.thetvdb.com/api/3B9470F2306003B8/series/83462/all/en.zip
2017-10-06 09:21:22.035 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://thetvdb.com/api/Updates.php?type=none
2017-10-06 09:21:53.849 Error TaskManager: Error
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.2.33.0
Command line: C:\Users\meddaugh\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe C:\Users\meddaugh\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe C:\Users\meddaugh\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe C:\Users\meddaugh\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe C:\Users\meddaugh\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe C:\Users\meddaugh\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Processor count: 8
Program data path: C:\Users\meddaugh\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application directory: C:\Users\meddaugh\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Statistics.Helpers.Calculator.CalculateNewestAddedEpisode()
   at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.<MediaBrowser-Model-Tasks-IScheduledTask-Execute>d__20.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__68.MoveNext()
System.NullReferenceException
   at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.<MediaBrowser-Model-Tasks-IScheduledTask-Execute>d__20.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<ExecuteInternal>d__68.MoveNext()

2017-10-06 09:21:53.849 Info TaskManager: Calculate statistics for all users Failed after 1 minute(s) and 15 seconds
Any ideas?  It does show the data for users and total, just continues to give errors on running.  It gets to 80% and then "dies"  Putting logs into debug shows no additional info. Thanks!  

Diedrich

My plugin has been failing for over a week now. Any ideas?

Is your server version up to date? Is your plugin up to date? Edited by Diedrich

I have two problems, "Newest Added Movie" and "Newest Added Episode" tiles do not show the last episode and the last movie added, and in both it says "736613 days ago".

Emby 3.2.33.0

Statistics 2.0.0.0

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play

@@Luke isn't that a image processing issue in a non-windows build?  All image appear for me in current stable and beta.

meddaugh

Is your server version up to date? Is your plugin up to date?

I cannot believe I missed this, still not working and yes everything stays updated (stable).  It's still fails all the time now.... :(

Edited by meddaugh

Happy2Play

I cannot believe I missed this, still not working and yes everything stays updated (stable).  It's still fails all the time now.... :(

What is your plugin version number?

Happy2Play

2.0.0.0, latest that the catalog indicates is available

Have you tried deleting the plugin and re-installing it?

Not sure if it would help but I would enable debug logging and post a log again.

Note you have to restart your server when enabling or disabling debug logging

I can't get plugin to fail in stable or beta server release

meddaugh

Have you tried deleting the plugin and re-installing it?

Not sure if it would help but I would enable debug logging and post a log again.

Note you have to restart your server when enabling or disabling debug logging

I can't get plugin to fail in stable or beta server release

I have, I deleted all it's stats too. I'll try again to delete it all and start over again..... I'll report back.

• 3 weeks later...
PenkethBoy

@@reggi

Hope you are well - not seen you around in the last few weeks

With the new change on the beta server to allow multiple versions of the same movie to be chosen from a drop down list - it appears that all my 4k content is now missing from the the plugin reports

I used to have them in two separate libraries/directories and they were picked up and reported correctly

Now that i have combined the two directories the plugin is only listing one file and thats the 1080p version

Hopefully this is a simple change as the data must be recorded in the database somewhere.

Thanks

PenkethBoy

@@Dibbes

After renaming the movies to "moviename - 1080p" or "moviename - 4k" and placing them in the same folder 

I see one movie with a dropdown on the movie details page - so i can pick which version i want to watch/play based on the codec rather than Emby choosing for me

so either 1080p or 4k depending on what client i am on

• Like 2

Hi,

I have an error when run the statistiques. Can you help me for solve this problem ?

2017-11-27 00:16:27.137 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.36.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.10.0.40
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	System.NullReferenceException

2017-11-27 00:16:27.137 Info TaskManager: Calculate statistics for all users Failed after 0 minute(s) and 2 seconds
2017-11-27 00:16:27.261 Info TaskManager: ExecuteQueuedTasks

@Floflobel 

Do you have any shows in your library or only movies?

@@PenkethBoy

Sorry for the late response, I'm doing fine now again, was in the hospital for some time.

I'll have a check why your 4K media is missing!

Ow and I'm building a whole new .NET CORE server that will run next to Emby for calculating statistics.

This is still at an early stage but I will post some screenshot later to give you guys an idea of what will come.

• Like 2

@Floflobel 

Do you have any shows in your library or only movies?

@@PenkethBoy

Sorry for the late response, I'm doing fine now again, was in the hospital for some time.

I'll have a check why your 4K media is missing!

Ow and I'm building a whole new .NET CORE server that will run next to Emby for calculating statistics.

This is still at an early stage but I will post some screenshot later to give you guys an idea of what will come.

What do you mean by "show" ?

I have two media "Films" and "TV".