Local trailers folder

chowbok

chowbok

It'd be nice if there were a way to have a folder with trailers that weren't connected to a movie in your library. I have some trailers for movies that weren't produced, parody trailers, etc., and I'd like them to be shuffled along with the trailers included in folder directories. 

• Like 1

chowbok

How would they be shuffled? Can't you just setup a home videos library and shuffle them?

Well, no, because I want them to play before movies just like regular trailers. Basically I want it to randomly pick a trailer from one of the "legit" trailers in a movie directory or a trailer from this special directory. 

Maybe the simplest way to implement this would be to include an additional line for a directory containing local trailers in the config for the trailers plugin. Does that make sense?

chowbok

Can't you set them up as a custom intro?

I already have custom intros, though. If I do that, then when it picks one of my "non-aligned" trailers, I'll have two trailers in a row and no regular custom intro. Plus I have a lot more trailers than intros, so it'll show those non-aligned trailers way too often compared to the other trailers.