• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 ERD OFFLINE  

ERD

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Local time: 02:14 PM

Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:29 PM

No you will need to add it to windows registry startup key, or to the task scheduler yourself. But with help of the wizard - this is real easy.

#62 gtmnyc OFFLINE  

gtmnyc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Local time: 08:14 AM

Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:39 PM

Just put a cron job into the code

#63 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:08 PM

This is already possible - you can convert local and remote m3u files.

Excellent, thank you! I will give this a shot.

#64 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:26 PM

This is already possible - you can convert local and remote m3u files.

Could you elaborate on the option "read output folders and groups from settings ini"? I assume this will allow be to limit download of certain folders. I could not find a manual or tutorial where this is explained. Thank you.

#65 Senna OFFLINE  

Senna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:30 PM

Have you read "M3U2STRM ReadMe.txt" and executed the M3U2STRM Command Line Tool wizard in export menu ?
The wizard creates the ini file for you and the string to use in Task Scheduler.

See post #9 and #10, it's self explanatory.

If you create a task in Task scheduler, the xml could look like this when you do an export from the Task you have created for the automation:

Spoiler

This xml (sanatized) of the Scheduled Task executes at 03:00, 11:00 and 19:00 and only uses as parameters for the M3U2STRM Command Line tool (See <exec> part, in bottom part of xml ):

- "-checkfileext" (see Read Me txt for explanation)

- "-settings" (to specify to use your ini file, created by the M3U2STRM wizard, which groups from m3u to create strm files for and to which location these files are transferred to)

When you have multiple providers you want to run a Task for, the following workflow I find easiest:

- export your current task as xml

- make a copy of xml

- edit that copy xml for your new provider URL

- create new ini from M3U2STRM wizard

- specify location/file name of new ini in copy xml

- save copy xml

- import new xml back into Task Scheduler

Edited by Senna, 14 April 2019 - 06:43 PM.

• revengineer and ERD like this

#66 ERD OFFLINE  

ERD

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:31 PM

The ini file allows you to set multiple output folders, sample:

*** Example Ini: ***

[NLFilms]
Group=NL-DutchMovies
Directory=C:\Users\User1\Desktop\Dutch

[NLFilms2]
Group=EN-EnglishMovies
Directory=C:\Users\User1\Desktop\English

• revengineer and Senna like this

#67 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:08 PM

The ini file allows you to set multiple output folders, sample:

*** Example Ini: ***

[NLFilms]
Group=NL-DutchMovies
Directory=C:\Users\User1\Desktop\Dutch

[NLFilms2]
Group=EN-EnglishMovies
Directory=C:\Users\User1\Desktop\English

Perfect, and I did not realize that creation of the settings.ini file is part of the wizard. I have it all running now. Stream files are refreshed once a week. Then the [] tags are removed from the batch file. It turns out, renaming only works if the renamed file does not already exist. Forcing to overwrite does not work. So need to moved file instead. The revised command is

get-childitem -recurse *.strm | foreach { move-item -literalpath $_ $_.FullName.Replace(" [Multi-Subs]", "") }

Thanks for all the help today.

• CBers and EODCrafter like this

#68 EODCrafter OFFLINE  

EODCrafter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Local time: 07:14 AM
  • LocationSouthEastern USA

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:54 AM

Perfect, and I did not realize that creation of the settings.ini file is part of the wizard. I have it all running now. Stream files are refreshed once a week. Then the [] tags are removed from the batch file. It turns out, renaming only works if the renamed file does not already exist. Forcing to overwrite does not work. So need to moved file instead. The revised command is

get-childitem -recurse *.strm | foreach { move-item -literalpath $_ $_.FullName.Replace(" [Multi-Subs]", "") }

Thanks for all the help today.

The only thing you can't do in Automation is Pull Series VODs and have them got into Episode/Season Folders but @ERD has told me he's looking into implementing this function!

Like This.....

5cb4635b9ecbd_Capture.png

Edited by EODCrafter, 15 April 2019 - 06:56 AM.

• CBers likes this

#69 Senna OFFLINE  

Senna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:16 AM

For people who are going to use or are using a lot of strm libraries in Emby already, will notice that Media Info of strm content, only gets added to the content, after probing of strm media is done by Emby.

This probing takes place when you play strm media with one of the Emby Client apps or Web app.

To get an overview in library movie list, the CoverArt plugin is a very handy tool to see which media is already been probed.

Probed content gets an overlay, which you can define in CoverArt plugin settings. Because the plugins built in standard indicator overlays aren't very good to see in library view, I made my custom overlay indicator templates available for everyone to use.

You can find them in this topic and if you also are going to create custom indicator overlays, it would be great to share them in that same topic.

Some examples of the overly indicators used in my strm libraries:

5cb4754a2eb35_01_4KTrueHD.jpg5cb47560e13d1_05_1080_DTS.jpg5cb4757389e38_08_720_DTS.jpg

So when strm content is not probed yet by Emby, you wont see the HD frame and the overlay indicators for resolution, audio codec and default subtitle for that content (so you get only the plain cover with no info indicators)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VOD, IPTV, STRM, DOWNLOAD, Video on Demand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users